Talk

Advanced search

£59 for Amazon prime

(11 Posts)
HeadDreamer Tue 07-Jul-15 15:44:14

I have just signed up. It's normally £79 so it's effectively 25% off. The deal is on until 8/7.

KeepOnTryingTilYouRunOutOfCake Tue 07-Jul-15 16:50:57

What do you really get though besides one day delivery. It is over priced

MrsExcited Tue 07-Jul-15 16:59:17

I have it for the instant video as well, I was paying £7.99 for netflix for me and dsds amazon is cheaper over the year and i get free delivery.

I wouldn't pay just for the delivery.

Fatstacks Tue 07-Jul-15 17:04:22

Ahhh I love it!
One day delivery, which if you swap each time for no rush delivery you get a £1 credit towards kindle books.
Films on demand and free box sets.
Free lending library book per month.

Maybe it's worth it because I use the book credit but it can be used for music.

Plus I haven't had to pay since 2012, every time a delivery is late or wrong they give me a free month grin

ShelaghTurner Tue 07-Jul-15 17:05:21

Thanks for that, just signed up. Refused to pay when it went up to £79 as I don't use the films etc but have really missed it.

HeadDreamer Tue 07-Jul-15 18:13:04

keepon there's video on demand like mrsexcited says. So if you buy from Amazon and also has Netflix, it's a better deal.

chloesmumtoo Wed 15-Jul-15 08:28:57

I purchased prime on this offer and they took full money out instead as they did not confirm what you actually paid through the buying process. I found out the next day when a receipt became available that they had taken full cost. contacted them through live chat and they said customers will receive emailed gift cards by 15th July. whether it was in small print I don't know?

chloesmumtoo Wed 15-Jul-15 08:32:29

and I have no emailed gift card yet.......

chloesmumtoo Wed 15-Jul-15 11:28:40

Just purchased something on Amazon and within 9mins received my owed gift card code hmm typical. At least it has arrived though so check your inbox.

HeadDreamer Wed 15-Jul-15 21:51:14

Strange. My receipt says £59. I need to check my credit card online.

chloesmumtoo Tue 21-Jul-15 09:15:02

This is what me email said, "You joined Prime between 6-8 July while we were offering a promotion for the first year of Prime at £59. We’d like to offer you a £20 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card that you can use for your next Amazon.co.uk purchase"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now