Talk

Advanced search

Warning if you are thinking of buying from Alex and Alexa

(1 Post)
Candelabra75 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:56:14

Yesterday I placed my first order with Alex and Alexa. I had no worries about buying from them as I know they've been around for ages and have a well established media profile.

However after I confirmed my order, a message came up saying my order may take longer than usual to arrive due to a warehouse move. I thought this was a bit bad, as nothing was mentioned about this before I gave my payment details. A bit concerned I did a google search for "Alex and Alexa dispatch delays". What I found was shocking. Just looking at their recent reviews on Trust Pilot and their Twitter account it seems things are going seriously wrong with this company.

And they know things are going wrong. Their phone lines are closed down. They have got some really dodgy things on their FAQs like "We are not able to cancel an order once it has been placed" which is against the
consumer contracts regulations (you have a right to cancel an order made online).

I emailed them saying I wish to cancel my order. Then several hours later I just get an email saying my order has despatched. It has a link to Royal Mail tracking but there is no tracking reference so this is useless. The email says "do not reply to this email".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now