Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do with £150 in holiday vouchers?

(5 Posts)
BoffinMum Sat 13-Oct-12 20:25:14

I have just been clearing out the loft at the house we rent out <boak>, and amongst the dirty pants, rubbish and mouse poo I have found £150 in holiday vouchers, valid at Bakers Dolphin, Holiday Hypermarket and Travel Choice. The only problem is that thanks to the mess the tenants left the house in, I am having to spend ££££ sorting this out, and therefore have no money to top them up. So your suggestions please as to how best to use them. BTW currently I have DH and 3DCs at home (3Y, 11Y, 14Y).

mrscumberbatch Sat 13-Oct-12 23:41:51

I don't know where you are in the Uk. But I'd consider using the Bakers Dolphin website and going on a coach tour. (How retro!!! Lol.)

There's xmas markets all over the UK, you'd probably have to add money to this though. I think it would be worth it if it were a nice enough city though.

They also do trips to Alton Towers (Will be very off season and quiet) and to theatres for musicals (Lion King, Ice Age....) It really depends whereabouts you're based though to make it worthwhile.

I hope you find something that you like!

BoffinMum Sun 14-Oct-12 08:52:25

I had a look at those and the retro side of things appealed greatly, but sadly I am in Cambridge! We are wondering about going to Longleat actually, but not taking them up on the coach travel. Harry Potter experience was another one, which works if there is a discount for not taking up the coach travel (otherwise we'd be topping up by more than the cost of tickets bought independently).

I thought it was great they organised these trips for people in the SW though. It makes access to interesting things in the rest of the country so much more straightforward, I am sure. If they operated out of Cambridge as well, I might even be tempted (despite often getting bus sick!)

SJ47 Sun 14-Oct-12 11:20:55

Sell them on eBay. We had £250 in Thomas Cook vouchers once but didn't have enough at that time to top them up, so sold them for £230. Take clear photos of them, their value but NOT the code (so someone can't just use the codes online without buying them) and ensure you send by special signed for delivery. You'll get something close to the value, so perhaps £130ish which might be helpful in your current situation!

BoffinMum Sun 14-Oct-12 13:22:54

That's a good idea. I am quite tempted. It wouldn't have occurred to me to sell them. There's also other stuff I could sell, I suppose - Burberry handbag and purse (not sure if they are fake or not), and Hornby train set things. The rest we are Freecycling/sending to charity shop/taking to dump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now