Talk

Advanced search

Legoland novice

(7 Posts)
HortensiaJo Fri 16-Mar-12 13:29:39

To my shame, I have never taken my 9 year old to Legoland and feel the time has now come. I have an idea that I shouldn't just be buying tickets online, but looking somewhere for special offers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HJ.

OP’s posts: |
mosschops30 Fri 16-Mar-12 13:32:45

At 9 i wouldnt bother, legoland is pretty tame.
Try chessington, alton towers, thorpe park etc

philden Fri 16-Mar-12 14:24:52

My eldest was 9 when we went...............he loved it and would have been happy to go again at 10
Yes, look for offers
Perhaps some kind person will post one here for you
Good luck

Fridaysmum Fri 16-Mar-12 14:28:13

Try and get your DCs to do domething to get a Blue Peter badge - cos then you get in free!! I went last year with my 2 DDs - one had a BP badge, and the other one got in free with me as I had a BOGOF voucher from somewhere. The great thing about BP badges is that free entry isn't limited to 1 per family, and you get in all sorts of places. Worth checking the website out, and thinking of a letter/picture etc to send in!!

philden Fri 16-Mar-12 14:30:53

here - from MSE

2for1 theme park entry with WHSmith spend
Spend to save

What: 2for1 entry tickets

Get by: Sun 25 Mar 2012

How: Buy anything (no min spend) from your nearest WHSmith store and you'll be given a strip of four 2for1 entry vouchers. Then take the vouchers to the ticket booth to get the discount

Get 2for1 entry when a full-priced adult buys a ticket. The voucher can't be used with any other offer, online or through call centre bookings

ChippyMinton Fri 16-Mar-12 16:46:19

9yo will love it,not for the rides but the lego theming etc.
Lastminute.com and buyagift.com sometimes have good deals.
Or use Tescoclubcard vouchers.

Don't turn up and pay on the day unless you have BOGOFF or kids go free vouchers.

HortensiaJo Fri 16-Mar-12 18:51:00

Thank you all - really helpful.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in