Talk

Advanced search

Warehouse online codes and prices in shops!

(11 Posts)
oldenoughtobejamierobertsmum Thu 20-Oct-11 21:08:31

I would post this on the warehouse thread but I'd like to get opinons.

Warehouse on Sunday had them brill codes to get a good discount off stuff. I ordered a few bits and pieces to pick up from the shop as I knew we'd be over Cribbs Causeway way on Monday. I turned up in the shop and they wanted the full amount which came to around about £90.
I'm really peed off with Warehouse because it didn't say that this was only available on line.
This is probably why you can only pick things up in shop because they don't offer a discount.
I've made a complaint about it but it's just a fob what they came back with.
It's really bad form and it still shows the price you think you can pay online and a con but not the price you pay when you pay, if you get my drift.
Is this worth pursuing with them? What should I say further?

trixymalixy Sat 22-Oct-11 16:57:38

I don't think it's worth pursuing tbh. I think there's no contract until they have actually taken the money.

Bohica Sat 22-Oct-11 17:03:47

Can you link to the codes and online store so I can see what you are wanting to complain about

unhappysqueezer Sat 22-Oct-11 20:42:14

I know that you are right trixy but I hate the idea they could have one price on line turn up at the shop and ask for another.
They should take the payment and pick up or make it clear on the page that codes are not valid.
www.warehouse.co.uk/pws/ViewBasket.ice
You can't buy it in store for that price

trixymalixy Sat 22-Oct-11 20:45:10

I agree, it's a bit misleading to say you have reserved at a certain price and then they charge you the full price instore. Legally they are in the right though it seems a bit off.

I actually nearly dud the reserve and collect and it did say the reduced price, but I changed my mind and paid online thankfully.

unhappysqueezer Sat 22-Oct-11 21:01:13

I'll see what they say Trixy- I only did the pick up thing as I was in Cribbs Causeway that day.
I'm glad you like your things though.

electra Sat 22-Oct-11 22:30:56

Apparently retailers don't legally have to sell you an item at the price it is listed at in the shop - it is only an offer or something.

I've had this trouble with Argos and now do not shop there as a result. It is appalling customer service and a waste of our time! Once in Topshop I tried to buy something in the sale but once I got to the till it had apparently been priced wrongly. I argued that in the interests of good customer service I should be allowed to have it for the price it was listed at (it was not a huge margin from what it should have been priced at). And in that case the sales adviser caved in grin

electra Sat 22-Oct-11 22:31:44

Yes the reserve and collect thing is what happens in Argos as well

mirpuppet Sun 23-Oct-11 10:15:52

Thanks for this info ladies. I will now be a bit wary of some retailers offering reserve and collect. The only one I have used is boots.com -- which has been fine as they charge you and you just get the package at the store.

trixymalixy Sun 23-Oct-11 10:20:35

I reserved and collected in Argos and the price had increased by £10 overnight. I complained and they gave me the item for the reduced price.

I suspect if the warehouse codes hadn't been a mistake they might have given you the money off.

electra Sun 23-Oct-11 23:43:55

Argos prices change so much that this is what happens. I think it is bad because I spent ages researching where the best place to get a Wii package was, and I was quite prepared to pay for it online that day but you couldn't, you had to reserve and collect and by the time I got to the shop it had gone up by £30. They basically told me to bugger off when I showed them the price I had on the email confirmation (it was on my phone). It was a waste of my time - I may as well have got in in HMV to begin with.

Back to Warehouse, well I used the Elle code alone because I really need a coat and I figure I'm probably not going to get more than 25% which is a good discount anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now