Talk

Advanced search

Tesco ending double Clubcard points on 23rd October

(7 Posts)
Ponders Tue 27-Sep-11 13:17:55

I got an email from Airmiles which said so & found this on the Clubcard home page

OTOH they are going back to 4x face value for restaurants & days out...but I shop there a lot less anyway these days, even though they keep trying to bribe me with generous till-spits hmm

VivaLeBeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 13:27:13

Therre was something in the paper today saying that they're now the cheapest supermarket as they've introduced a lot of price cuts. So unless the others follow suit I may go back to Tesco.

CointreauVersial Tue 27-Sep-11 13:29:52

Good news about the vouchers now being worth 4x face value. I have a whole stack to exchange - the DCs are going to PGL at half-term, so DH and I are going to treat ourselves to a couple of nice meals out and a cinema trip!

Ponders Tue 27-Sep-11 13:44:59

They were cheapest of the big 4 for a specific basket of 11 items - Lidl & Aldi both considerably less than Tesco though grin

figures here

'The Tesco shopping basket came in at a total of £19.03, compared to £22.40 at Asda, £23.80 at Morrisons and £26.26 at Sainsbury’s.
But Tesco has some way to go to match Lidl and Aldi.
The Lidl basket was £17.60, while Aldi was the cheapest at £14.30'

I'll be sticking with Aldi mostly!

caughtinanet Tue 27-Sep-11 13:50:37

I didn't know that you got double points, how long has that been going on? I thought it was always 1 point per £.

Good news about the 4 times vouchers though.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 13:51:45

We've not got an Aldi in town and I don't like Lidl. Its ok for a few bits but I can't do a full shop in there.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 13:52:58

I was in Asda the other day and did a full shop and used their price checker via the receipt the next day. They were the cheapest then (before Tesco price cuts) and oddly Waitrose were the next cheapest (only £1.50 more) and Morrissons were the most expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now