Talk

Advanced search

I have £17.23 of Amazon vouchers

(17 Posts)
TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:12:42

I earned it from TopCashBack.

What shall I get?

Note: TopCashBack is awesome - no money to pay to them, you just click through from their website to the place where you are buying things online and money appears in your account. You can have it sent by PayPal or transferred to your bank account or turn it into an Amazon voucher. I picked Amazon because you get 5% extra.

Other note: that above was my referral link but if you hate me but still want to join you can just go to www.topcashback.co.uk instead.

Lizzylou Fri 16-Sep-11 16:15:33

Loving your work!
I have earnt £140 on Topcashback this year, well worth using.

Is this thread in the right place? wink

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:20:21

I get impatient and demand my vouchers, so far this year I've had a voucher for £18 and one for £35.

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:35:37

Apparently it's not in the right section, either that or no-one is interested in bargains and how to get Amazon vouchers...

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:36:10

(fail)

meant to write that on other thread

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:36:12

Apparently it's not in the right section, either that or no-one is interested in bargains and how to get Amazon vouchers...

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:36:32

OK, that was weird.

TrillianAstra Fri 16-Sep-11 16:37:10

I clearly need to not have the same thing open in two tabs at once

<bangs head against desk>

Lizzylou Fri 16-Sep-11 17:56:22

grin

iWILLdothis Fri 16-Sep-11 21:41:33

This sounds too good to be true....where/what's the catch??

TrillianAstra Sat 17-Sep-11 11:25:35

No catch, this is how affiliate links work in the world of the internet, quite often a website that sells stuff will pay money to other websites for sending customers to them.

So TopCashBack has an arrangement with, say, Dorothy Perkins that for every customer they send that way, DP will give TCB 10% of the money that they spend. In order to get us to click to DP via TCB rather than via somewhere else, TCB promises to give us half. SO they website makes money and we get money back, and DP is happy because we have gone there and bought clothes we don't need rather than to another shop.

iWILLdothis Sat 17-Sep-11 15:58:16

Thanks for explaining. That sounds all right. Will definitely look into this more. DH was very hmm when I mentioned it last night. IF I decide to sign up, I will certainly use your referral link (I gather you will get something for this?), as I have no reason to hate you!!! smile

TrillianAstra Sat 17-Sep-11 16:15:40

Thanks smile

You just need to remember, when you buy stuff, to check if you can get anything, because it's really irritating to buy something and then discover that you could have got money back.

We've had big amounts (£150 back when we signed up for Virgin Media broadband + TV) and small amounts (a few £ here and there buying clothes online).

OracleInaCoracle Sat 17-Sep-11 16:32:12

I love topcashback! It rocks.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 17-Sep-11 16:32:13

I love topcashback! It rocks.

heymammy Sun 18-Sep-11 10:40:50

Brilliant, thanks! I usually use quidco but have to pay a fiver a year for the privilege so will now check topcashback first smile

UsingMainlySpoons Sun 18-Sep-11 20:09:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now