Talk

Advanced search

Morrissons are selling the Britax Adventure Car seat for £20!!!!

(8 Posts)
Mspontipine Fri 09-Sep-11 23:55:56

This type

Arrr didn't realise you could get hold of this style so cheaply actually when was looking for a pic to link to - this is still the cheapest I've seen them though. We have this but older style - Hi-liner I think mine is. I love them - side impact, very comfy (I believe!!) and a full seat. Does not turn into booster cushion later smile

moragbellingham Sat 10-Sep-11 19:41:52

And..... Mothercare will price match and give you a £10 voucher if you find it cheaper elsewhere (although they do say it's only for items over £20).

I did this - thanks to another Mnetter and got mine effectively for £15 as I quoted the Amazon price at the time.

ExpensivePants Sat 10-Sep-11 19:43:29

Is there much difference between these high back boosters? I have a Maxi Cosi Rodi that DD is about to go into but i need another seat for DH's car.

MayDayChild Sat 10-Sep-11 19:44:04

In store or online? Our Morrison is little so will have to find a biggie

Mspontipine Sun 11-Sep-11 01:17:00

In store - I loved mine (bought 3 the same to ferry one precious ds about in various vehicles in!!) I know the Britax hi-liner (and this looked identical) came out very well in safety tests whereas the Graco only "passes" not surpassed so always went for Britax. Do check this info out for yourself though cuz this was a while ago. Don't know about the Maxi. One thing I like about it is it is all one part and designed to be used as full seat until no longer needed. Those ones that convert into a booster cushion only - does that mean you have to use it as booster only after certain time?

It is so hard when you're trying to be safe - you don't want to make it unsafe in your efforts to keep safe iyswim!!

Also - poor ds has been longing to reach that magical 135 cm so he no longer needs seat. I know a lot of his peers' parents no longer bother with one sad However when he finally reached it I mentioned it to my uncle and he showed me where the seatbelt should be lying if not in carseat - across his neck - where it should be laying across his chest so even though he is legally able not to use one he is not safe not to - so I assume he is safe to continue using until it lays correctly. HONESTLY!!! I thought we'd seen the end of this car seat business!!

housemum Tue 13-Sep-11 12:05:36

MsPontipine - you may well find that you still need a booster later as DS might be a bit squashed in it (we picked up one for £10 in Halfords). DD2 found her shoulders/body felt squashed when she was about 6/7 (she is v tall for her age - just turned 8 and already 135cm).

MayDayChild Tue 13-Sep-11 20:14:03

Thank you!! Picked one up and dead pleased with the £20 price tag!

Mspontipine Tue 13-Sep-11 22:52:10

Cool cool coolio - was only disappointed I didn't need to get one grin no problems so far wth his height housemum he's just over 135cm now. He will keep pulling up the back so I can't see out the rear window!!! I make him pop it down a bit - he thinks he's taller than he is grin nearly as tall as me though - scarey!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now