Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth starting to shop at tesco for the vouchers?

(10 Posts)
Bella2010star Tue 19-Jul-11 19:32:37

I usually shop at asda but is it worth considering tesco instead? Seen that alot of people are getting holidays and stuff with them.

CandiceMariePratt Wed 20-Jul-11 12:22:22

The club card points do seem to add up quite quickly and you can double them up for a lot of things.

Concordia Wed 20-Jul-11 12:24:09

i would say no, unless there are lots of things you usually buy that are discounted with the vouchers. i wouldn't use it to get 'extras' if you are tight for cash because things are cheaper at asda overall.

minko Wed 20-Jul-11 12:24:09

Get a Tesco credit card. Then you get the points for shopping and don't have to shop in Tesco.

UsingMainlySpoons Wed 20-Jul-11 12:25:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

upahill Wed 20-Jul-11 12:29:12

I love my club card points and have had things like a weeks holiday in a McDonald hotel in Scotland full board with DH and the kids.

Saying that we have a Tesco credit card and doing a lot of work so DH buys all the building materials on the credit card and then pays the card off almost on the same day.

We shop at Tesco as it is the nearest of the major stores and we have a metro near us as well.

Bella2010star Wed 20-Jul-11 15:02:10

What are the points like on the credit card?

upahill Wed 20-Jul-11 15:16:59

It's only (I think) 1 point for every £4 but by the time you have your double points and then the extra for using the credit card it adds up.

Like I said before though we have spent thousands on the card. We pay for holidays, cars, large items, building materials on the card and then pay it back straight away so we have accumalted a lot of points.

Bella2010star Wed 20-Jul-11 15:29:26

What a great idea though thank u. Do you have to spend £250 to get £5 voucher normally think this is right but not sure. I know I can then triple this online tho.

upahill Wed 20-Jul-11 15:34:17

Oh goodness don't use your vouchers as payment in store.
There if you have a £10 voucher you get £10 knocked off your shopping bill. Use it as a reward such as the hotels or other offers. £10 is then worth £30!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now