Talk

Advanced search

What has happened to the M&S 3 for 2 uniform ?

(15 Posts)
SkelleyBones Tue 12-Jul-11 22:29:48

Is this 20% off malarky replacing it do we think ?
Anyone in the know ?

ouryve Wed 13-Jul-11 22:59:22

Looks like it.

Creamandcustard Wed 13-Jul-11 23:04:46

Yes, and it finishes next Weds evening.

ouryve Wed 13-Jul-11 23:31:27

I only get their teflon treated polo shirts, anyhow. Their trousers are pants. (I'll get my coat)

LittlePushka Wed 13-Jul-11 23:51:47

Ouryve - put your coat down and do stay, I liked that, made me smile :-)

ouryve Mon 18-Jul-11 16:16:38

I've been on MN for quite a few years. Tend to mostly stay in a few sections, though.

mel2005 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:10:32

i will not be m&sing it this year for the school uniform if they are not 3for2, i have usually bought the next years uniform by now. i cant get in the store with my buggy because of the building works. the trousers always fall down on my eldest because he is so slim even though i buy adjustable waists, the school dresses i bought for DD1 shrunk alot this year, she is small for her age and they were for an older child (6-7 and she is only 5y) and now they are too short. i might go and have a look at next uniforms this year. i am usually a really loyal customer of m&s but i am really not that impressed this year, i might even try tesco and sainsburys.

ouryve Mon 18-Jul-11 22:53:53

Sounds like they're doing building work everywhere. Metrocentre and teesside park stores are being re-developed. Finding stuff in the metrocentre store is a nightmare. We usuallydo a lot of our food shopping there because both kids have ASD and it's quick and civilised, but they've taken out loads of the food section while they do the work, so it's actually getting quite stressful.

ouryve Mon 18-Jul-11 22:56:11

And the wide trouser waists is why I don't like their trousers. They end up staying in the drawer all year and then come out in the summer, only for the knees to wear through in weeks. I'm sticking to Next school trousers, this year - DS2 is actually going to be wearing some of those handed down from DS1, come September.

LawrieMarlow Mon 18-Jul-11 22:56:23

Tesco is doing a 3 for 2 I think. Not that Tesco is M&S of course

mercibucket Mon 18-Jul-11 23:01:13

I'm really surprised you think the waists are wide - one of mine is the skinniest kid going and I like their trousers cos the waists are adjustable to quite a small waist. where else is good for skinny kids trousers? do next do good trousers then? I've bought ours from m&s but will no doubt need some more later on in the year

mel2005 Tue 19-Jul-11 10:46:53

i buy the adjustble waists but they are still falling down, he doesnt have any hips at all, its a bit of a joke at school they always see his boxers. we have tried belts which he doesnt like a braces he refuses to put on. someone did tell me that next are good for skinny boys, i have trouble getting through the store with my double buggy as the uniforms are at the back. might have a look at tesco this week to see what they have.

ouryve Tue 19-Jul-11 12:46:00

Next trousers are brilliant and they do a slim fit, as well - though we don't bother with that because DS1 fts nicely into their jean style trousers. Both boys have snake hips like their dad and M&S clothes have always been mostly too short and wide for them.

mercibucket Tue 19-Jul-11 17:32:44

actually to be fair, I've just remembered I always buy a year too young for ds as he has short legs as well so maybe that's why the waist thing hasn't been such a problem. they do 'long legs' trousers at m&s for kids now - has anyone tried them? I was wondering about buying a year younger but with longer legs for later on in the year when he's grown longer but no doubt stayed skinny
just don't try asda grin even my elder one with huge arse grin has trouble keeping them up

moragbellingham Wed 20-Jul-11 15:47:12

Next slim fit are very slim.

I bought the jersey trousers for DD as the reviews are excellent but they had a slim waist and very long legs. The £5 standard trousers are a good fit for average to slim and have an adjustable waist I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now