Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on the internet - and this topic is where they share them. Want more? Head to our Discount codes hub for exclusive offers and discounts you won’t find anywhere else.

Venture Voucher - Con??

(6 Posts)
Lulabel27 Tue 14-Dec-10 17:32:30

I have apparently "won" a voucher for £195 for Venture photography. We filled our details in at a Venture stand in WHSmiths a couple of weeks ago and I got the email today.

DH thinks its good because normally vouchers are for £50? Whats your experience? Does anyone know how much the pictures actually are once you get there?

DingDongMaryBSonHigh Tue 14-Dec-10 17:37:47

Its a con. I also "won" one for £250, I think that gave me a sitting plus one 7x5 picture. I didn't bother to claim my "win"

Catchthewind Tue 14-Dec-10 17:41:26

Don't go, it's awful, pressure sales, guilt trips, they just want you to buy stuff.

I wouldn't go there again if they paid me.

snownutty Tue 14-Dec-10 17:42:14

Don't go! You will spend a fortune because the photos are good. We were given a voucher or £155 and spent £600!!!!

There are lots of independent photographers out there who are just as good and a quarter
of the price!

RiojaLover75 Tue 14-Dec-10 17:44:58

Hundreds! They sit you down and give you this posh viewing experience and pressure sell you! I've had two friends have this, unable or unwilling to say no to buying and spending hundreds and in one case over a thousand on these photos. Beautiful as they are they are NOT worth that amount of money!

Lulabel27 Tue 14-Dec-10 22:39:44

Oh gosh thank you for your replies and for confirming what I first thought! I will tell DH about DingDongs £250 voucher - that should make him realise!

Thing is we only got married in August and have loads of beautiful photos from that so don't really need it so am glad I've heard from you about what it's really like!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: