Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wide safety gate? babydan playden?

(4 Posts)
hellomama Thu 18-Aug-05 22:08:50

We need a wide safety gate to guard the wide archway to our kitchen from the lounge, and also occasionally to block off the patio door area when the doors are open (to stop ds from climbing out). We are thinking about the babydan playden, which i believe can also be configured to become a safety gate. But, does it have to be attached to wall fixings to work? We live in a rented flat, so permanent wall fixings are not an option. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

LouiseT Thu 18-Aug-05 22:15:26

Yes, you'll need to attach the brackets to the walls (with screws) otherwise it won't work so don't think it'll be any good for you unfortunately. Don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

hellomama Thu 18-Aug-05 22:23:51

ok thanks LouiseT. Its good to know that option won't work! Just have to find something else now!

Gillian76 Thu 18-Aug-05 22:53:51

We had a pressure mounted gate from Mothercare and made it wider with their extension kit. I think we may actually have had 2 extensions as our stairway is very wide at top. Didn't need to attach it to the wall with screws either.

I think this is what we had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now