Talk

Advanced search

Wooden play houses - for a 3yo?

(10 Posts)
CountessDracula Thu 18-Aug-05 15:40:55

I am thinking of getting one of these for dd's 3rd birthday. Does anyone have one, are they nicely made?

Or any other suggestions welcome

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 18-Aug-05 15:45:23

I don;t have this one, but a similar one from B&Q which has stood up to hoards of children and a mad dog continuously running in and out and slamming the doors, balls being thrown at the windows. DD and her friends love it.

CountessDracula Thu 18-Aug-05 16:12:47

The advantage of this one is that they will deliver and build it in the price which for a diy phobe like me is great!

misdee Thu 18-Aug-05 16:14:49

i was looking at the fact they build it as well. veyr tempting. go measure out a square in the garden toi see how big it is lol. remember to get the area prepared 1st.

fairyfly Thu 18-Aug-05 16:15:33

My children love these in the garden centre.

I would get one with window boxes though as i have always had this very romantic fantasy of them tending to the plants with little watering cans.

I remember playing in one as a child and adoring it.

CountessDracula Thu 18-Aug-05 16:16:57

do I need to prepare the area? is going on paving.

FF they have window boxes as optional extras, i may get one i think. Am having stable door too¬!

misdee Thu 18-Aug-05 16:17:40

if its going on paving it'll be fine

CountessDracula Thu 18-Aug-05 16:18:14

I am wondering whether to get the verandah thingy - will it just look like a shed without one?

fairyfly Thu 18-Aug-05 16:20:36

oh a little porch with a rocking chair complete with homemade cushions and matching curtains.

CountessDracula Thu 18-Aug-05 16:32:03

<snort>

No need to get carried away FF, didn't know you had LHOTP fantasies

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: