Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best Buy Pushchair

(27 Posts)
Janbo25 Thu 18-Aug-05 09:45:16

Hi we are due to go on holiday next week, and don't fancy taking our big pram, my ds is 7 months so we want to buy a pushchair, however there are that many to choose from need some guidance from all you fellow mumsnetters. Some of the ones I have looked at don't look comfy enough for him to sleep him whilst we are out. Please can you offer your advise??

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 18-Aug-05 09:46:26

Jess slept fine in her Mothercare Jive Stroller at the same age.... and they are cheap too - especially for holidays where they could get damaged.

Janbo25 Thu 18-Aug-05 10:29:19

i have borrowed one similar to that but he just looks far to uncomfy in it, any more suggestions???

Janbo25 Thu 18-Aug-05 10:31:21

ideally one with a hood would be good for when he falls asleep in the evening whilst we are out

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 18-Aug-05 10:33:37

mothercare?

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 10:35:09

what about this one

MistressMary Thu 18-Aug-05 10:38:05

We got a mothercare citilite. It has a hood.
So easy and light and comfy, but it is 90 quid.

here

vickiyumyum Thu 18-Aug-05 10:41:18

umm depends how much you want to spend. the mamas and papas pulse is £89, comes with a hood, lies flat, leg rest, slightly padded. similar in style to the maclaren techno but much cheaper.

the maclaren triumph is similar in the amount it reclines to the mothercare jive/tango range so if you want him to lie flat when aslepp, this would be a problem.

i think toys r us do a lie flat one for £59 (priced at £119, but nearly always reduced to £59 as a so called special offer) that one comes with a hood and footmuff so you could unzip it and have extra padding for your ds to lie on. Not personally to my taste but a cheapy one for a holiday wher it may get damaged, especially if going by plane.

Bozza Thu 18-Aug-05 10:44:40

We have the Maclaren Triumph. DD sleeps in it. It is lightweight and easy to fold, has a hood and raincover all of which we required. During winter I will use the Graco travel system pushcair again for walks because it is snug and robust and just use the Maclaren for shopping.

Mojomummy Thu 18-Aug-05 10:47:55

we took a pliko on hols last summer when DD was almost a year. Folds up nicely, didn't get damaged, has a leg rest - important ofr back support & we had a sheepskin on it so she slept well on it.

Oh hols this year I noticed lots of Maclaren's which also have the leg rest, nice padding ( although I don't think they are so robust) & they have hoods which seem to offer quite good hoods - I think they have a uv visor.

If you buy something like this, it will last you for a good year or so - so not expensive in the long run. We still use pliko & DD is 2

vickiyumyum Thu 18-Aug-05 10:54:45

that'll be the maclaren techno with the uv visor! (Hi Mojomummy!) great buggy that will last for agesbut expensive at £160. although depends on your budget Janbo25.

Pollyanna Thu 18-Aug-05 10:55:09

What about this \link {http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/buggcoctisptmlghtd\graco} I have bought the double to go on holiday with next week.

Pollyanna Thu 18-Aug-05 10:56:22

try again

Janbo25 Thu 18-Aug-05 10:58:22

budget wise is not to much of an issue would prefer my son to be comfortable and like most of you said a decent one will probably last longer anyway

vickiyumyum Thu 18-Aug-05 11:01:44

if budget not really an issue then go for something like the maclaren techno, m&p pulse or pliko as they are all good pushcahirs that should stand up to a fair bit of battering and will last you for years!

acnebride Thu 18-Aug-05 11:31:41

The Mac Quest is cheaper and lighter than the techno? I'd recommend it - we originally got it for going on holiday last year and have used it ever since.

hunkermunker Thu 18-Aug-05 11:32:54

We have a Quest too - it's lovely.

compo Thu 18-Aug-05 11:58:49

agree with MistressMary. We have the Citilite too and it is fab. It's suitable from birth, incredibly light and at £90 is a bargain

Janbo25 Fri 19-Aug-05 18:07:13

had a look at all the pushchairs last night and we have decided to go for the maclaren techno xt my ds seemed the comfiest in that one and plus managed to get it for £108.00 locally

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 18:13:47

i have a mac techno xt and its great!

MaloryTowers Fri 19-Aug-05 18:15:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 18:16:42

i have a pliko too, in fact i have quite an assotment of pushchairs cos i cant make up my mind which one i like best!

MaloryTowers Fri 19-Aug-05 18:18:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 18:20:24

pliko is quite nice to push to.

Millie1 Fri 19-Aug-05 21:37:54

Another vote for the Pliko ... it's really comfortable and supportive esp for younger babies. That said, we've recently bought a M&P Pulse (but only cos Pliko got battered and bruised in transit) - whilst it's fine for 20 mth old DS2 it's not as well padded as the Pliko and if DS2 was younger, I'd have replaced like wiht like. Pulse is great but if you're not tied to budget, definitely look at the Pliko

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now