Talk

Advanced search

how do i make homemade food the same texture as jars?

(4 Posts)
lloydsmum Thu 18-Aug-05 06:10:17

hello everyone
ive recently joined mumsnet and have been searching all the tips and everywhere for some advice on food texture.
i make my own foods but cannot get it to feel slippy like the jars which my baby much prefers. does anyone know what they put in it? i have mixed banana and yoghart and this works but i dont want to be doing this all the time do i. any suggestions would be hugly appreaciated.!

eidsvold Thu 18-Aug-05 06:33:12

if you want the puree feel - try for a blender... I do that with dd2's veges... they are blended and she loves them. The they have no lumps....do fruits and veges and so on.

like this

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 07:16:49

dont think you can ever dice food in the same way as jar food, but imo the pieces are too small and make them gag!!! Mash with a fork or just chop. They need to get used to 'normal' textures.

lloydsmum Mon 22-Aug-05 06:48:04

thankyou
i do use a blender but ive recently tried a moulinex mini chopper someone gave me. he prefers it now!
it is good advice though that they do need to get use to a different texture...i guess to try not to use jars at all is the key.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now