Talk

Advanced search

Wanted bargin bras! (in large sizes) [blush]

(31 Posts)
Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 18:22:53

Exactly what the title says, perferably online so i can order em from home.

Gillian76 Wed 17-Aug-05 18:25:57

Have you tried simply be? I got some from them recently and they were not too bad for price.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 18:32:06

Thanks there great any other sites?

Gillian76 Wed 17-Aug-05 18:52:09

You might get lucky on ebay too!

alibubbles Wed 17-Aug-05 18:54:06

Message withdrawn

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 18:54:39

Lol thanks girls! i hate buying bras!!!!!!!

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 18:54:44

If you are on the larger size like me (size 10/12 and a 36D) then I find that Bravissimo do some lovely bras. Very pretty and girlie. I buy my shirts from there as they use all your measurements. Do object to paying £40 a shirt though.

NomDePlume Wed 17-Aug-05 18:54:49

Naturally Close

La Senza

A word to the wise, I would order a cup size up from the size you are if yu order from LaSenza, their sizes tend to come up smaller.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 18:55:17

airbubbles id kill for a 40D i have just grown out of my 36GG hence the new bras!

NomDePlume Wed 17-Aug-05 18:55:49

Bravissimo & Figleaves don't really stock cheaper bras though do they ?

stitch Wed 17-Aug-05 18:58:00

i would love to be a d cup. who thinks that is small?
when your breastfeeding bras are an h cup, and you get down to an e cup later, it is horrible to hear someone say a d cup is big. its not.

i strongly reccomend against buying cheap or second hand bras if you need the larger sizes. the elastic will have given, and they wont be as supportive as they would have been brandnew. try fig leaves. ill try and do a link witha discount code

stitch Wed 17-Aug-05 18:59:28

some discounts here

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 18:59:48

Cheers ladies

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 19:01:02

I've found some cheap bras are quite good. I bought some fuller figure ones from Asda after having ds (went from a B to a D!! OMG), simple lacy and black or white and they cost me £7 each. I'm still wearing them. They have retained their shape and elasticity very well.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 19:05:56

Im wearing an asda one now its suddenly grown to small in the space of about a week how i long for small boobs anyone wanna trade?

stitch Wed 17-Aug-05 19:06:29

spursmum, d IS NOT A FULLER FIGURE..........

NomDePlume Wed 17-Aug-05 19:08:57

stitch, sadly D+ is a fuller figure to lingerie designers, unless you want one of those attractive 'torpedo tits' Doreen bras. I'm a 32E (tiny back, big norks) and it is a NIGHTMARE finding decent bras that don't cost the earth. Especially when a lot of high street stores and manufacturers seem to think that DD+ breasts only come on people with 34inch + back sizes. Grrrrr

stitch Wed 17-Aug-05 19:11:20

ndp, i was 32e or 32 ee depending on the style till very recently, have gained weight and now 34. i guess it is so long since i have done anything other than go up to the counter and ask to be fitted, and let them bring me something, that i am probly not in the real world anymore.
BUT, isnt it a bit like asos calling a 14 xxxlarge?

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 19:12:54

Bless my ister when she was pg she went from a 28B to a 30D she was so chuffed she ranted on about her boobs being huge,
Im seriously considering having mine reduced by alot i hate them with a passion.

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 19:14:42

I've never figured out why they class a D as a fuller figure. But I have a slim figure and look kind of top heavy, so I suppose I am classed as having a fuller figure.

NomDePlume Wed 17-Aug-05 19:14:44

stitch, I absolutely agree with you that some retailers sizing policy is confidence destroying.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 19:17:32

i have a slim figure as i have just lost wieght but all of it i lost has gone strieght to my boobs so i look like a pick axe when i stand sideways!

spursmum Wed 17-Aug-05 19:20:57

Lol at Charlee. I put most of my pg weight on my boobs. Its a nightmare to get shirts to fit. To fit the boobs, the stomach hangs like a tent. To fit the stomach, i can't breathe if i can get the buttons done up.
Who said life was easy eh?

bubbaloo Wed 17-Aug-05 21:00:43

amplebosom.com and brastop.com are both great.

serah Wed 17-Aug-05 22:34:16

My maternity bras were 36 L. And they were too small when my milk came down [sob emoticon] I had comedy breasts . I was like fecking lolapops.

Fortunately back in my normal 34 H-J bras (make dependant) now. Aaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Another vote for bravissimo. As others have said, be careful not to buy bras that don't give you decent support, as you will look twice as big as you are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now