Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thermos Flask type thingie - but a bowl??

(13 Posts)
katymac Tue 16-Aug-05 21:48:08

So I can send DD to school and she can have a hot meal.

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere, but cannot think where (and it will have been several years ago)

Any ideas where to look

It will need to be a very good one as I want to use it for chicken and stuff

nicmum2boys Tue 16-Aug-05 22:09:56

Is this the kind of thing you meant?

katymac Tue 16-Aug-05 22:14:12

Thanks - That would work Nicmum2boys, but I was really thinking about an actual bowl, I know I've seen one...but where and when.

katymac Wed 17-Aug-05 08:09:12

Bump

basketcase Wed 17-Aug-05 08:17:01

Do you mean the Aaronson Campbells soup thermos bowl? I remember seeing that and thinking it was a good idea a few years ago. Have googled it for you but all seem out of stock/unavailable.
It sounds a good idea for children going to school so will keep searching and keep an eye on this thread

basketcase Wed 17-Aug-05 08:19:21

Argos do a food flask for £6.99 with the lid serving as a "bowl" - but tbh just looks like the standard wide necked food thermos you see everywhere...

basketcase Wed 17-Aug-05 08:25:03

ok - so I have read a lot already about insulated bowls without lids, flasks etc and getting annoyed with google not finding a similar thing to the campbells but in stock...came across this that made me smile. Not what you were looking for but may amuse you as a back up option.....mad contraption

katymac Wed 17-Aug-05 09:02:57

Basketcase - I do hope you chose your name before you started looking for this bowl

I do hope we find one after all this - but I've had no luck so far

Millie1 Wed 17-Aug-05 09:15:23

I'm assuming that if these keep things cold, they will also keep food hot!

expatinscotland Wed 17-Aug-05 09:32:57

Millie
I have one of those, and they keep food COLD but not hot. The product description mentions that and so does the small leaflet that comes w/the product when you purchase it.

I tried to keep something hot in it, as an experiment. It didn't work.

Millie1 Wed 17-Aug-05 10:25:05

Oh bummer ... I'd thought of getting one for DS to keep soup in for nursery ... thanks for the info though!

expatinscotland Wed 17-Aug-05 10:34:02

I was pretty bummed myself, Millie, cuz it means stumping up for a hot one.

foxinsocks Wed 17-Aug-05 10:49:27

I'm pretty sure I've seen one in Sainsburys (it would have to be a big Sainsburys with kitchenware in it). All their flasks were in the sale (in fact, I got 2 upright style ones for £1.99 each and they are really good). I haven't got the car this week but the next time I go, I'll check for you.

Otherwise, the Thermos food flasks are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now