Talk

Advanced search

Arse-taming maternity pants - do they exist?

(23 Posts)
hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:11:30

I'm going to wear a figure-hugging dress to a wedding in a couple of weeks and would like my arse brought to attention for the occasion.

I'd normally wear magic pants or similar, but being pg means this isn't possible. Are there maternity magic pants or will I just have to look lumpy all over?

puff Tue 16-Aug-05 21:13:01

don't know hunker, but you've made me laugh !

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:16:24

Glad to be of service, Puff

Hope someone can help me with my arse dilemma

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:30:17

Er...bump? God, what a good choice of word - lol!

snafu Tue 16-Aug-05 21:39:26

Ask WWB if you can borrow her 7 miles of elastic and just mummify your arse and bump.

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:40:41

PMSL! Good plan!

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:51:27

You're all deliberately, nay, wantonly, ignoring this thread, aren't you? Middle class witches, the lot of you!

Go on, help me tame my arse

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 16-Aug-05 21:53:52

Oh dahling

Get you rmiddle class preggie ass to R&P

If they can not help you my dahling no one can....ROFL

assumedname Tue 16-Aug-05 21:57:13

OK - can't contain my curiosity any longer. What are 'magic pants'?!

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:57:24

LOL! Might be middle class, but am poor as a church mouse!

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 21:57:38

AN - ones that hold you in in all the right places!

lockets Tue 16-Aug-05 22:00:47

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 22:01:49

Ooh! Hadn't thought of that (er...obviously!).

Did look in Mothercare earlier today, but they only had ones that I wouldn't wear on my head as a joke.

lockets Tue 16-Aug-05 22:04:17

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 22:05:21

Attractive magic pants...now, that would be magic! LOL!

hub2dee Tue 16-Aug-05 22:06:35

hunker, if you can't tame the arse could you revise the dress ? (that would be a bit sneaky perhaps ?)

Else just let it all hang out and enjoy being bodaciously curvaceous ?

lockets Tue 16-Aug-05 22:06:57

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 22:09:02

PMSL! Couldn't believe it when I saw your name on this thread, Hub!

No, cannot possibly revise the dress - is a lovely one, not a maternity one, so can wear it after DB is born, lovely colour, have shoes to go with it, etc - just would like arse a bit more tamed than usual

Do like the bodaciously curvy thing though - was once described as "volumptuous" - but by someone who did mean voluptuous...I was told...

snafu Tue 16-Aug-05 22:10:41

You just want to keep everyone talking about you arse, dontcha hm? Where's an attention-seeking thread when you need it, eh?

Gobbledigook Tue 16-Aug-05 22:11:26

Look can you all get serious for a moment and see my 'Gobby starts tomorrow' thread - I'm in need of potty advice!!

hunkermunker Tue 16-Aug-05 22:11:45

Guilty as charged, Snafu. I love it when people I've never met before discuss my arse. I frequent www.talkaboutmybotty.com when I'm not on MN

hub2dee Tue 16-Aug-05 22:26:58

hunker, I do like to assist in convos of the utmost seriousness, and this is obviously serious.

Listen, could a fine metalworker perhaps construct some kind of reinforced ass-truss to help ???

I'll have to whisper else everyone will get the wrong idea, but when I was surfing preggo bits and pieces for dw, I came across some kind of 'all in one' thingy - was it called the jelly belly or something like that ? Kind of tank top thingy integrated with nicas in one piece of fabric... a bit like a teddy for fat pg arses LOL... I can't find a link - thought it was at the place which sells these but can't see it now. Otherwise surely you could starch-stiffen something like this to support your volumptuous posterior ?

I think I better disappear from here before I get a bad reputation.

Night.

champs Wed 17-Aug-05 01:10:50

hunkermunker -- if you can find some shiny cycling shorts, ones that contain lycra, they will remove all the lumps. Also not too tight on bump.

LOL@hub2dee!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: