Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do you 'tone down' your hair colour

(9 Posts)
golds Tue 16-Aug-05 15:49:33

My friend has been nagging me to let her colour my hair, she is a trainee hairdresser and I agreed.

She coloured it yesterday, its a fab colour on her, but I think it makes me look really pale. Its a burgundy/red colour. Is there anything I can do to tone it down, I have washed it again today and some of the colour is still coming out, shall I keep washing it ?

Any suggestions

spacedonkey Tue 16-Aug-05 15:51:16

You could put a semi permanent colour over it - maybe in an ash brown shade that would effectively tone the colour down. Red shades fade very quickly in any case though!

golds Tue 16-Aug-05 15:58:49

I'm hoping they do fade quickly, I don't really want to buy anything at the moment as it will be obvious to her I don't like it, I should never have let her do it, hopefully it will calm down and I will grow to like it more

northerner Tue 16-Aug-05 15:59:51

Wash your hair with head and shoulders - this strips the hair quicker than other shampoos.

golds Tue 16-Aug-05 16:01:19

Oh I got some of that - off to try, thanks

serenity Tue 16-Aug-05 16:02:56

Johnsons baby shampoo apparantly does the same thing (advised by a hairdresser not to use it after colouring hair!)

FIMAC1 Tue 16-Aug-05 22:52:11

There is a hair colour stripper made esp for this - in Boots -sorry can't remember makers name though

Janh Tue 16-Aug-05 23:07:00

Ooh, there was another thread like this v recently - lots of people mentioned Vosene but it sounds like any medicated shampoo will do.

Here it is! (Current search didn't find it, thank goodness for archive )

wordsmith Tue 16-Aug-05 23:07:31

Wear a hat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now