Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

how do you 'tone down' your hair colour

(9 Posts)
golds Tue 16-Aug-05 15:49:33

My friend has been nagging me to let her colour my hair, she is a trainee hairdresser and I agreed.

She coloured it yesterday, its a fab colour on her, but I think it makes me look really pale. Its a burgundy/red colour. Is there anything I can do to tone it down, I have washed it again today and some of the colour is still coming out, shall I keep washing it ?

Any suggestions

spacedonkey Tue 16-Aug-05 15:51:16

You could put a semi permanent colour over it - maybe in an ash brown shade that would effectively tone the colour down. Red shades fade very quickly in any case though!

golds Tue 16-Aug-05 15:58:49

I'm hoping they do fade quickly, I don't really want to buy anything at the moment as it will be obvious to her I don't like it, I should never have let her do it, hopefully it will calm down and I will grow to like it more

northerner Tue 16-Aug-05 15:59:51

Wash your hair with head and shoulders - this strips the hair quicker than other shampoos.

golds Tue 16-Aug-05 16:01:19

Oh I got some of that - off to try, thanks

serenity Tue 16-Aug-05 16:02:56

Johnsons baby shampoo apparantly does the same thing (advised by a hairdresser not to use it after colouring hair!)

FIMAC1 Tue 16-Aug-05 22:52:11

There is a hair colour stripper made esp for this - in Boots -sorry can't remember makers name though

Janh Tue 16-Aug-05 23:07:00

Ooh, there was another thread like this v recently - lots of people mentioned Vosene but it sounds like any medicated shampoo will do.

Here it is! (Current search didn't find it, thank goodness for archive )

wordsmith Tue 16-Aug-05 23:07:31

Wear a hat

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: