Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skip Hop Bags

(25 Posts)
Hazellnut Mon 15-Aug-05 08:32:11

Does anyone have one of these and attaches it to a lightweight stroller ? I am having problems with my current bag tipping the stroller over (its jsut a normal bag) and I quite like the look of the skip hop and just wondered if anyone uses one and it doesn't tip over the buggy ??

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:28:24

anyone ???? Otherwise I'm just going to have to buy it ...........

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:33:29

oh come on people... i need to know now as well!

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:34:11

do you reckon it'll be big enough to fit all my stuff in?

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:35:11

damn I got all excited that someone had replied !! Perhaps we'll just have to be revolutionaries.....

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:39:46

ooh there is a bigger one

here

wonder if i can get it over here though

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:48:34

That one looks great - expands if you need it to... surely someone must stock it over here ?!

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:49:27

or see if anyone ships it here for not too expensive.

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:49:43

actually think dp knows some people in america who might get me one

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:50:31

yes - only problem is that site said ships in 2-3 weeks plus postage time to UK ... may take a month and I want it NOOOOOWWWWWW.....

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:52:19

omg that is forever.
hmmmm there must be another way! lol

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:54:22

oh noooooo

even bigger one!

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:54:40

skip hops website

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:55:17

Now stop it - you wanted a SMALLER bag....

starlover Tue 16-Aug-05 21:57:10

this place ships internatioanlly

Hazellnut Tue 16-Aug-05 21:57:51

got to go and have dinner then will be back to investigage !

Hazellnut Wed 17-Aug-05 08:55:07

Ok having slept on it, think I'm going to go for the bog standard black from jjmb. Looking at the skip hop website this morning I saw they did a navy one which would go with my buggy but they don't ship internationally and I can't find anyone else that stocks it... and our bigger buggy/ pram thing which I still use is black so it would go with one !! Besides, don't think I can wait.....

Still interested to hear if anyone has any practical experience of one of these bags.....

yorkshirelass Wed 17-Aug-05 09:21:47

Hi, I have the ordinary Skip Hop bag in charcoal and have been happy with it. I started off with an Oi Oi Messenger bag but I thought it was too big for my needs(always felt like I was carrying an overnight bag!) so I switched to this one.

I would say that it probably doesn't hold as much as certain other bags so depends how much stuff you tend to have - but is perfect for a few nappies, bib, bottle, food and spare clothes. I also like the fact it doesn't look too obviously like a changing bag and DH doesn't mind carrying it either as it's not too girly.

I would recommend, any other questions just ask!

Hazellnut Wed 17-Aug-05 09:23:57

LOL Yorkshirelass - thats exactly how I have persuaded dh its a good idea for me to buy yet another bag - my previous changing bag is a shanghai bag so v.v.v.v. girly so have promised to get a manly colour (although would like to see his face if I got a bubblegum pink one !).

Just one question - what buggy do you use it on ? and if its a light-ish one, I take it, it doesn't tip it over ?!

yorkshirelass Wed 17-Aug-05 09:31:44

My buggy is a M&P Pliko so fairly light - DS is only 10 months old though so not much weight in the front and it's never tipped over.

Have you liked your Shanghai bag? I must admit I quite fancied one of those too - I'm a bit of a changing bag groupie!!

Hazellnut Wed 17-Aug-05 10:05:40

Thanks - we have the pliko although also a really lightweight Maclaren which is where I have had problems but the website seems to suggest it should be ok so think I will jsut go for it !

The Shanghai bag has been great although it is really big (good thing and bad thing). My main problem with it though is that, the fabric is really pulled and battered and I only really used it for about 4 months. Also, I got the light coloured one and it is already marked and stained so I would go for a darker colour....

I love bags !!

hub2dee Wed 17-Aug-05 10:16:55

Hiya, there were a pile of great suggestions in a thread I started a while back if it helps here .

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 11:02:24

see i need something quite big. i use cloth nappies, and if we're out all day then i will need about 3... they bulk it out a lot!
plus change of clothes, a couple of bottles, food, wipes etc etc...

still iking the skip hop... either the dash or the expo... just need someone to get me one!!!

just checking that link hub!

Hazellnut Wed 17-Aug-05 11:10:23

If you can't find anyone, why don't you contact one of the duo stockists (maybe one that stocks a big range of colours) and see if they can get you one ?

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 11:16:29

good idea hazellnut.
will do some more research later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now