Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone give me some advice on a camcorder?

(10 Posts)
bubblerock Sun 14-Aug-05 21:07:32

I've found a bargain camcorder and wondered if it really matters that it doesn't have a viewing screen.

I've never had one before so would appreciate any advice TIA

bubblerock Sun 14-Aug-05 21:16:16

C'mon peeps I need to convince DH that it's a bargain and a screen isn't essential!!!! My visa card is poised ready

pjsmum Mon 15-Aug-05 09:41:54

I don't think it matters but saying that i never been able to use either one of ours! Buy it, if its naf you can always sell it again!

anchovies Mon 15-Aug-05 09:44:18

Is it a digital one? And how much? I love the screen on ours but depends on how much of a bargain it is!

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 12:45:55

Okay - He's still really against it and I think it's the bargain hunter in me that wants to buy it - but look!!!!....

Here's the normal price

And Look how much Jessops is selling them for !!!!

I neeeeed to persuade him

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 13:48:28

Bumpety bump

Janh Mon 15-Aug-05 14:17:58

Mine (bought several years ago) doesn't have one and I really wish it did - you can only review what you've taken in a tiny b&w image, with no sound, if you don't have a TV and connecting wires handy. I would pay extra for one with a screen meself. Sorry!

Janh Mon 15-Aug-05 14:18:46

Also VHS-C is not the best image of the analogue versions - Hi-8 is much better.

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 14:26:27

Any opinions are appreciated Jan - even if it's in agreement with DH !!

Janh Tue 16-Aug-05 12:16:38

Hey, bubblerock, have a look at this JVC one, on amazon - digital, with screen, £169.

I bought a camera from there on Sat., it arrived first thing this morning

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: