Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Products which Should Not Exist

(16 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sun 14-Aug-05 13:09:17

Yesterday, we took a six-hour train journey. The family next to us had a crying doll. It wasn't very loud, but it sounded very real. If the train had had windows that opened, I would have chucked it out.

Which products would you like to obliterate from the earth, or at least from your immediate vicinity?

NomDePlume Sun 14-Aug-05 13:15:15

Hmmm, how long have you got ?!

DD's new Dora The Explorer talking backpack.

DS1 & DS2's mobile phones

DH's golf clubs

I could go on forever....

Pinotmum Sun 14-Aug-05 13:29:08

Those whining electric scooters ridden by teenagers who think they have right of way on the pavement. Recently they've been getting stuck under the wheels of my car which is very inconvenient

daddyshortlegs Sun 14-Aug-05 13:29:50

Those poxy ringtones, like crazy frog.

lucy5 Sun 14-Aug-05 13:32:31

salad cream and sandwich spread, YUK!

NotQuiteCockney Sun 14-Aug-05 13:33:36

Oh, all weird pointless vehicles for kids make my list, particularly the petrol-powered tiny quad bikes and motor bikes. There is nowhere you can legally drive them near us, but loads of people have them and ride them illegally in the park. I don't really trust adults with petrol-powered vehicles (e.g. cars), why would I feel secure around a six-year-old on a motorbike?

Pruni Sun 14-Aug-05 13:35:43

Message withdrawn

gigglinggoblin Sun 14-Aug-05 13:40:33

cookie crisp! bought some a couple of hours ago to get the free cd thing and read the label when i got home. 36 grams of sugar per 100g!!!!!! not 36g of carbs, 36g of sugar!!!! may aswell pour milk over a bowlful of sweets

oops Sun 14-Aug-05 13:42:25

Message withdrawn

Lmccrean Sun 14-Aug-05 13:53:44

dds duck game (possibly called lucy duck - have stickers on bottom and you match them to cards) that uses batteries and makes a horrible quacking and grinding noise and disturbs the tv reception (even through walls)

ditto on the quads etc

non-washable markers

cigarettes (cause I just quit and its pretty tough going right now)

breakfast cereals and other junk food full of sugar and advertised by your kids fav character.. reckon if we get a character on muesli or porridge more kids will eat it? oh! we could put character stickers on pieces of fruit! hmm..anyone up for an experiment?

Blackduck Sun 14-Aug-05 13:55:13

Any childs toy that takes batteries...particularly when the batteries are wearing out...

edam Sun 14-Aug-05 13:56:16

Fimbles and Tweenies gaaaaahhh.

Irritating family members who want to get up and rush out the house when you are trying to have a relaxing holiday...

sammac Sun 14-Aug-05 14:05:50

Sweetie cigarettes, or as they are called- candy sticks. Have never ever ever bought them and hate to see children with them pretending to smoke- argh!

vickiyumyum Sun 14-Aug-05 14:12:42

anything to do with star wars! it drives me mad, ds1 talks about it constantly and i had to hide the dvd's as he just wanted to watch them all the time, and now ds2 who is only 3 keeps saying he's general grevous? or darth maul. aaaaggggghhhh!

steffee Sun 14-Aug-05 14:19:31

REAL cigarettes, then I would have no choice but to give up smoking.

Any illegal drugs.
Husbands
Toy hoovers with those balls inside that are so so irritating
Ditto toy kettle
Fishing stuff that takes up my entire under-stairs cupboard
Mushrooms
Headlice - though technically not a product

NotQuiteCockney Mon 15-Aug-05 02:28:09

Oh, vickiyumyum, I'm sorta with you on the Star Wars ... although a bit surprised you think 3 is early to be obsessed. My DS1 is nearly 4, but has been hooked since about 3.5. And at that point, he'd not seen any of the films!

I've just got used to being called Princess Amydala or whatever it is. And DS1's imaginary friend is an astromech (the sort of droid R2D2 is, looks like a walking dustbin).

DH is in NYC at the moment, and has bought DS1 a load of Star Wars books, and some sort of EyeToy sort of light sabre game - where you swing an actual light sabre around, to hit things on the screen. I guess we give up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now