Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

replacement heads for (Oral B) disney princess/buzz lightyear toothbrushes?

(8 Posts)
fqueenzebra Sun 14-Aug-05 10:23:53

Our local cheap drugstore has disney princess & buzz lightyear electric toothbrushes for (I thnk) a good price: £7 each. But they don't sell the replacement heads. Looking on Internet I think the heads might go, typically, for £12/pair. Is that as good as I can do in the UK?

TIA!!

melissasmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 21:45:40

£7.00 is good for an electric toothbrush. Before you buy check it is a good make, braun/oral B/colgate.

If you haven't heard of the manufacturers name, (post the name on this thread & I may be able to identify if good or not) then be careful, cheap electric toothbrushes don't last too well & you may not be able to but the correct replacement heads.

£12 for a pair of heads seems extreme.

In the dental surgery I used to work in we sold them at £6-8.

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 21:48:03

my dentist said that braun toothbrushes were the closest to the ones they use in the surgery
having said that, i am sure my electric toothbrush says oral b on it, but it's made by braun???
anyway, regardless of make i think that if it gets them to brush twice a day then it's great!
i am sure you will be able to get the heads cheaper. think places like superdrug etc sell them

Easy Sun 14-Aug-05 21:58:22

I think Boots occasionally put the Braun/Oral B heads on special offer (3 for 2 on packs of 2, that sort of thing), and when they do, I buy them.

My dentist assures me that they are the best make to buy, and much better for reacing back teeth than a manual toothbrush.

fqueenzebra Mon 15-Aug-05 10:49:54

Sorry, should have said. I think the disney/buzz lightyear ones are Oral B (must go check!). Can any Oral B replacement head go onto any of their electric toothbrushes? So even if the head didn't have cute little disney princesses i could still get some kind of replacement head for it?

melissasmummy Mon 15-Aug-05 12:28:28

If they are Oral B, then the cost of the toothbrush is a bargin. Any Oral B head will fit onto it, not just Disney/Buzz. The heads will be cheaper tha £12 for 2, look in Superdrug etc as already suggested!

Other makes of replacement head will not fit tho. The heads are only designed to fit the brush they are made for.

Oral B/Braun got together to manufacture electric toothbrushes. So it's the same make!

charliecat Mon 15-Aug-05 17:24:52

have a look here

fqueenzebra Tue 16-Aug-05 21:17:57

Oh wow, Melissa, Charlie, you're stars!! That's exactly what I'd be needing.

Right, off to buy electric toothbrushes for them on Thursday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now