Talk

Advanced search

best bath toys for babies

(29 Posts)
starlover Sat 13-Aug-05 19:48:56

being one to start my christmas shopping i am thinking of getting ds something for the bath. he'll only be 10 months old at christmas, and he loves his bath
anyway.. i would like recommendations for your best bath toy!

hermykne Sat 13-Aug-05 19:52:08

the stackable pots (that all fit into one another) that have holes in them for the water to flow thru, got mine in ELC.

ds and dd play all night with them

Whizzz Sat 13-Aug-05 19:54:57

Best Bath Toy ELC activity bar although the squeezy things need a good wash out every now & again

DS still plays with bits of it now & he's almost 5 !

morningpaper Sat 13-Aug-05 20:02:27

Another vote for stackable pots/cups! The old classic, used every night.

starlover Sat 13-Aug-05 20:03:04

good good keep em coming! will pay a visit to ELC soon i think!

Katemum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:29:12

I second Whizzz, both of mine play with the bar, 14 months and 4 years.

Katemum Sat 13-Aug-05 20:30:06

little rubber ducks are always popular as well.

LouiseT Sat 13-Aug-05 21:19:29

ELC Bathtime Buddies (the ones that squirt water when squeezed). My ds (18months) loves to squirt us and the rest of the bathroom with them. We use them to "tickle" him under the arms too!

Lonelymum Sat 13-Aug-05 21:32:26

Starlover , I have an entire cupboard of bath toys and can second the choice made by Whizzz for the ELC activity bar, but I can safely say that ds3's favourite bathtoys are these . He even takes them to bed with him!

Lonelymum Sat 13-Aug-05 21:34:15

Also, I know this isn't what you want to hear because you want to go out and buy your ds a lovely, fun bath toy, but all my children love having an empty squeezy bottle, eg the bubble bath bottle, to play with!

beetroot Sat 13-Aug-05 21:38:50

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Sat 13-Aug-05 21:40:37

Yep the yellow ducks go to bed with ds3 too!

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 20:38:08

oooh we have ducks already!
don't really have any squeezy bottles because we don't use bubble bath etc...

the fish look good. as does activity bar... an old classic too now!

Lonelymum Sun 14-Aug-05 20:39:23

Washing up bottle?

moondog Sun 14-Aug-05 20:42:26

Second lm. Use anything you have about and don't waste your money as they will piss you off cluttering up the place and going mouldy and your ds will get bored of them soon.

(I save all bottles and so on for this purpose.)

fruitful Sun 14-Aug-05 21:06:17

Yep, empty bottles and plastic cups here too. And a plastic teaset - teapot and cups and milk jug.

The Tomy do-re-mi dolphins have been a hit too. The dolphins get swum around the bath, colour sorted into their hoops, hit on the head to make noises. The hoops get used as bracelets and hats.

I quite fancy the ELC remote control duck, but I've resisted as it would be for me, not dd!

She liked her bath book when she first got into books.

She had a MegaBloks bath island thing which she really liked at about 1-2 years or so. Here it is, but you can get various sorts.

Some kind of bathtoy storage net is a good idea...

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 21:13:50

well, i know squirty bottles are good. but they still go manky, like anything else.

i just thought bath toys would be a good idea as a christmas present because he loves his bath so much. He will only be 10 months old... what do you buy a 10m old for christmas???? I figured it was something relatively cheap that he would enjoy playing with

Lonelymum Sun 14-Aug-05 21:41:05

Yes go for it Starlover. even though squirty bottles are just as good, you must buy your ds something nice for the bath too.

moondog Sun 14-Aug-05 22:01:33

Mine got nothing for b'days or Christmas for years....

LilacLotus Sun 14-Aug-05 22:04:14

a little watering can

starlover Sun 14-Aug-05 22:10:35

well i think i will put a little bit of money in his savings account or CTF.... but i want him to have something to open!

and yes... i know he'll only want the box and the wrapping paper!!!

cod Sun 14-Aug-05 22:11:04

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Sun 14-Aug-05 22:12:41

the dolphins you whack on the head and they play a tune

honestly even if your DS doesn't like them I bet you have them in your bath at least once

cod Sun 14-Aug-05 22:12:44

Message withdrawn

cod Sun 14-Aug-05 22:13:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now