Talk

Advanced search

Quick pls: change pads

(20 Posts)
SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:16:24

I want to order some of those 'disposable' change pads with my Tesco online order, to pop under DS1 on seats as I try to toilet train him.

But can't find them online as no idea what they're called.

TIA

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:17:22

changing mats? still can't find them
anyone know a brand?

Katemum Thu 11-Aug-05 21:17:27

do you mean the pampers care mats?

Blossomhill Thu 11-Aug-05 21:17:28

Pampers care mats?

Skribble Thu 11-Aug-05 21:25:31

Pampers care mats, not sure if they do them any more, I think they only do bed mats now, which are the huge ones that tuck under mattress.

If you can wait you can get puppy mats from big pet stores, for example

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:25:51

yup that sounds right - they don't seem to have them, which would be why I couldn't find them.

Guess I can use towels etc instead, more env friendly anyway :-)

thanks

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:26:41

now that's a good idea, skribble!

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:28:17

felt like I had a puppy today:
sat on potty 15+ times.
wees in potty - zero
wees elsewhere - about 5, accompanied by exclamations of "mummy, wee" and followed by "mumy, mop it up"

an hovering on coddy's thread feeling well behind anyone else.

Blossomhill Thu 11-Aug-05 21:30:39

How old is ds softfroggie?

Skribble Thu 11-Aug-05 21:31:59

I recommend the bed mats that tuck in when you start going for nappyless at night. You can put it over sheets saves you loads of washing when their still getting the hang of it. Once they get biggar you can put under the sheet. I still leave them on as mattress protectors in case of the odd accident or illness. Great on sofas when its coming out both ends.

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:39:08

DS is a whopping 2yrs 9 months, so I don't think he's too young and does know what's going on. I'm not sure he knows 'how to go' when I sit him on potty.
I think tomorrow will be better as I'll get the hang of when he's going to wee, get him on the potty in time, and then we'll get one in and it'll be better from there (optimistic emoticon).
It was only day 1 today. And I'm (a) knackered (b) breastfeeding a baby and (c) have DH away all week and no help, so I'm not going to be totally up there with the best.
Will keep lurking on coddy's thread in awe.

Skribble Thu 11-Aug-05 22:06:37

My big DS was very late getting out of nappies took forever to get dry at night.

cod Thu 11-Aug-05 22:10:02

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Thu 11-Aug-05 22:17:14

SoftFroggie, I am doing this at the moment for the fourth and last time! I would encourage you to get ds to sit on the potty for as long as he can. Hope to catch a wee by chance. If you do catch a wee, reward him for it. Keep going, catching wees by chance. You will feel that you are getting nowhere as ds is not asking for potty or weeing on demand, but I think it is important to let the child succeed by mistake almost for them to understand what is required. Honestly, three days ago, my ds had a tantrum if I suggested the potty (never suggest BTW, insist). Then he sat obediently on it. Then he wee'd by mistake. Today he jiggled around and started to wee but was able to hold on to most of it whilst I flung him on the potty. It is all slow degrees towards the goal. I hope soon that ds will actually ask for the potty and go, then I will know I HAVE CRACKED IT.

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 22:17:27

Oh no Coddy - I've been caught.

I'm not really up to your standards ... shall I slink off to your thread and join up with the WTF am I doing this for club?

I'm wondering, what's wrong with nappies anyway? if it ain't broke?

I do have to do this, don't I?

cod Thu 11-Aug-05 22:20:25

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Thu 11-Aug-05 22:20:36

Yes! Grit your teeth and keep at it and if you don't see an improvement by the end of the weekend, I will be very surprised. Mind you, starting when breast feeding and alone in the house is setting quite a burden on your shoulders.

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 22:20:46

Thanks LM.
Am insisting he sits on potty at 30 min intervals. Not always managing to keep him on for long enough, but on for upto 10 mins sometimes.
Am sure sooner or later will get wee in potty.

Many stickers have changed hands for sitting on potty.
but all the sweeties baught for 'success' have gone into my tummy so far.

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 22:22:10

I'll be BF until Christmas if I can.
And will be alone on and off for the next month.
Tried to draft in FIL, but he wasn't keen.
Off over to Coddy's bootcamp.

cod Fri 12-Aug-05 07:10:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now