Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy electricals on eBay?

(8 Posts)
Gillian76 Thu 11-Aug-05 19:32:33

Following the discussion on slow cookers last week, I have covinced myself I need to buy a new one (think mine has seen its day). I was looking on ebay and the prices are not bad.

I'm just a bit nervous as I've never bought anything that could "go wrong" iyswim! Also some of them are described as "graded A" meaning end of lines or as one puts it...

THIS IS A GRADED PRODUCT WHICH MEANS IT IS ELECTRICALLY PERFECT AND COMPLETE, HOWEVER, IT MAY HAVE MINOR COSMETIC MARKS BUT WILL PERFORM AS NEW.

Hmmm I'm just not sure!

here's one I've been looking at

Anyone had experience of buying something similar?

MrsGordonRamsay Thu 11-Aug-05 19:35:20

No experience of Ebay but I wouldn't do it, big price to pay if your house burns down whilst you are out, due to dodgy electrics.

Gillian76 Thu 11-Aug-05 19:58:15

Never thought about the house burning down, MGR - just that it wouldn't work! Suppose it's a consideration.

Gillian76 Fri 12-Aug-05 09:36:23

Anyone else got an opinion/experience?

Jbck Fri 12-Aug-05 17:56:52

I've not much experience of EBay but DH has bought quite a lot of stuff, can't think of anything apart from an MP3 player that was electrical. Buys loads of cables/USB type things for his camera, PC & laptop. Out of about 50 purchases he's only ever had one problem one. Always pick someone with decent feedback & if they have any negs read them carefully, even email the buyers thru Ebay to ask if it was resolved etc.
A lot of them are stores selling end of lines etc so they should be pretty reliable but I would have thought some of the bigger online retailers would be similarly priced for end of lines etc. The seller you've linked to looks ok.
But why not try something like this type of site A google search will give you loads.
HTH

charliecat Fri 12-Aug-05 17:59:34

I brought 2 hoovers, they were both rubbish

Flossam Fri 12-Aug-05 18:00:45

I brought a blender when first weaning DS that arrived filthy and didn't work. The people agreed I could send it back, but it was a big heavy item that would have cost a bomb to send back again, so I just accepted I had lost out. Wouldn't buy things like that again TBH. How much are they in the shops?

Flossam Fri 12-Aug-05 18:01:09

Ohh, and my hoover was rubbish and lasted only six months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now