Talk

Advanced search

second car seat... what to get?

(7 Posts)
starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 15:48:39

my mum wants to buy a car seat for ds so that we don't have to constantly swap from car to car.
but she doesn't ahve a huge budget.
what is a reasonably priced safe car seat?

anyone know anythi9ng about the britax freeway?

LIZS Thu 11-Aug-05 16:05:49

We've had a Freeway for over 6 years and have been happy with it. It has fitted securely in various different cars. The main faff is that you can't change the recline angle without refitting the seat belt but unless you do long journeys it really isn't a problem. Also the pad under the clasp is loose and comes away when the child gets out of the seat but may have been changed since our version.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 16:06:26

got one and love it.... what more can i say?

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 16:07:57

good good, this is what i want to hear! they're only £58 on kiddicare at the moment so might get one.

jabm presumably yours is a newer one than LIZS's? do you still have that problem with refitting the seat to change the recline?

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 16:08:45

yeah unfortunately but jess doesnt care! She sleeps however she falls!

there is no pad under the clasp on mine!

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 16:09:53

yeah, well it's definitely a contender. they wou;dn't be using it for any long journeys

LIZS Thu 11-Aug-05 16:13:17

tbh I don't think we've ever felt the need to adjust the recline during a journey anyway. If they are little you just put it on the most reclined setting, otherwise we've set it to whatever seems most comfortable when putting it in the car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now