Talk

Advanced search

Dungarees.. age 5 - 6... WHERE??!

(46 Posts)
SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:13:35

I'm on a mad hunt for dungars again. DS age 5 crawls because he has cp.. but the older he gets, the harder the yare to get hold of. Short versions are easier but what what he really needs are long legged ones.. and lots of them! The heavier he gets, the more his poor little knees suffer as he hurtles about the place.

A lovely MNer sent me sone denim Gap ones a while ago but he has gone through the knees of them now.. AND the patches over the holes in the knees that I repaired them with!

Vertbaudet and La Redoute are letting me down also now he is as old as he is. And Ebay, my old failsafe, has nothing!!

Dungars really are the best option when he is not in school uniform (and I wish I could get some grey school ones!) as he still wears nappies and he tends to crawl out of trousers so easily.

SJ x

Aimsmum Thu 11-Aug-05 13:21:12

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:23:04

Thanks Ainsmum.. but they are shorts. They look lovely though so I might .. but I really do need so long legged ones.

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 13:24:54

osh kosh do quite old dungarees...hang on, I'll see if I can find any online

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 13:25:38

there are some here
scroll down to them (nautica ones)

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 13:27:06

some bigger boots stores stock osh kosh dungarees which seem to go up quite big

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 13:27:43

The oshkosh ones go up to a size 6 just looked

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 13:30:27

There will be tons of places in the states just found one \link{http://www.pointerbrand.com/DynamicProductCatalog.asp?Category=Youth&SubCategory=Youth\here but not sure about postage costs etc.

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 13:30:54

oops try that one again
here

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:32:50

Thank you

I like the look of those denim ones on your link Starlover but they are a wee but expensive bought alone and the red and white stripy OskKosh ones he has had before and went through the knees after two wearings! (from new!!) Where else are you all looking at Osh Kosh stuff? Could I have a link please?

SJ x

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:34:33

Oh wow thanks Chuffed! How do I work out the sizes though? I am being thick here..!

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 13:34:38

here are some bob ones (not sure about the site though)

bob the builder dungarees

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:34:55

SJ, La Redoute have some up to age 6 - can't link to actual item but search on dungarees in enfants and a few come up, look at first and then keep trying next item (IIRC you can't go backwards using browser bar there, so have to go forwards or start all over again, PITA)

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:36:01

Or do you think that 02, 04 , 06 etc means AGE 4, AGE 6 etc on that american site? (Chuffed's link?)

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:36:31

Thanks Jan and Fox.. checking them out too now..

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 13:37:37

I think they have seperated out the prices for three sizes at a time if you click on say 8-12 more details it has a click button on each seperate size.
If you know somebody in the states they would probably be able to get some carhartt ones from somewhere like walmart or target quite cheap.
Boots online have the oshkosh ones up to size 6.

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 13:37:54

Some of these may be a big thick for summer but may work well in autumn. I got a pair of these for ds and he absolutely loved them.

some different types of dungarees

Chuffed Thu 11-Aug-05 13:38:12

sizing probably similar to gaps at a guess?

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 13:38:38

(scroll down for the cheaper ones)

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:40:45

Sorry, didn't see you'd mentioned LR already - but they do have a khaki pair and a denim pair up to age 6.

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:41:58

click on "boys trousers and dungarees" at the bottom of the enfants page and then go to last page of them (p 11 I think), dungs are the last few items

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:49:17

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Thu 11-Aug-05 13:53:35

i can second osh kosh dungarees. boots do up to age 6 so worth a try but at the moment think they only have short summer ones in, probably get long ones whern the winter stuff comesin.

foxinsocks Thu 11-Aug-05 13:54:19

those are nice Jan

SleepyJess Thu 11-Aug-05 13:55:06

Wow Jan! I appears I can get two pairs for £14 including p&p from this site!!! Is this for real??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now