Talk

Advanced search

american style fridges

(15 Posts)
meysey Thu 11-Aug-05 11:35:37

I want to get an American style fridge with an ice dispenser on the outside. There are a few brands available here, both American and American-style.

Has anyone got one they would recommend? They are pretty expensive so I want to get a good one, especially as I had a disaster with my last fridge-freezer!

3mummy Thu 11-Aug-05 14:57:10

Ours is whirlpool, bloody brilliant - plummed in to the main water supply and we have fresh cold water and tons of ice on tap!!

Tabs Thu 11-Aug-05 15:56:37

Maytag every time - absolutely bl00dy wonderful, tonnes of room. Got a free upright vaccum cleaner with ours when we bought it. That's noisy, but still the best upright we've ever had!! Can't fault them on anything really.

lunarx Thu 11-Aug-05 15:58:23

:sighs:
i miss my BIG american fridge! (that i had before moving...:x)

jura Fri 12-Aug-05 10:07:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

meysey Fri 12-Aug-05 12:50:54

I haven't heard of LG - where did you get it? I figured the ice maker would be a major attraction for the kids and friends, and also cocktails for grwonups!

jura Fri 12-Aug-05 14:11:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 14:12:23

I loved my Hotpoint back in Denver, CO. I've never had one like it since and sometimes it reappears in my dreams.

moondog Fri 12-Aug-05 14:13:44

<whispers....>
They gobble up electric and are very environmentally unsound.....

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 14:19:26

They are so lovely, though, especially the freezers.

My mum has one called a 'SubZero' that's truly amazing. Her whole kitchen is amazing.

moondog Fri 12-Aug-05 14:21:02

Yes,I know they are. That's what makes it so hard to Be Good!!

mancmum Fri 12-Aug-05 14:24:22

we have an LG and it is fab -- it had a good energy thing with it so don' think they are too bad for planet?

LG is quite cheap -- and so far mine has been great...

NotQuiteCockney Fri 12-Aug-05 14:28:45

moondog, do they have to be? We have an AEG larder fridge, and it's rated A. It's huge, but (I gather) quite environmental with it.

We don't have the ice maker kind, though. DH would love one, but I hear they break. Also, you end up with ice on the floor.

(DS1 would love one, too. I'm thinking about getting a standalone ice maker, as he really really loves ice)

moondog Fri 12-Aug-05 14:34:35

There you go then,nqc!
Fab fridge and a clear conscience. Excellent!

Prettybird Fri 12-Aug-05 14:36:34

We've also got a silver LG and it really is fab. Bought it from the same place as the link that Jura gave - the service was fantastic - and so were the prices!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now