Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ruby wedding rose

(7 Posts)
SoftFroggie Wed 10-Aug-05 22:52:41

I want to get a Rubt Wedding Rose for my PILs ruby wedding present, in September.

Gluttenous gardener do a nivce gift set, for a significant price.

David Austin Roses sell them: but not for delivery until November.

Any suggestions? do they really need to be planted in November? Should I wait till then to get it? I'd love to give it to them in Sept on the date.

TIA

SoftFroggie Wed 10-Aug-05 22:53:02

apols for many typos

misty Wed 10-Aug-05 23:24:15

softfroggie - can't answer that but would love to know also, as it's my parents 40th in September too!!! Great idea for a present, what date is your inlaws annivesary?

Hazellnut Thu 11-Aug-05 10:41:03

My parents will be celebrating their 40th too in October and had started looking at this idea. I looked at www.crocus.co.uk (my links don't seem to be working at the mo so you can always copy and paste if it doesn't) and they say available from Autumn (which could mean sept ?). Its v. reasonable too.

SoftFroggie Thu 11-Aug-05 21:34:25

thanks Hazellnut, I'll give them a call and see if we can get it in time.

Misty: 18 Sept. I'd been racking my brains for a while as MIL's been going on about how she'll be celebrating, came up with the plan a few months ago, but not found where I could get one from. She's the kind of person who likes everything to be appropriate.

Jbck Thu 11-Aug-05 22:03:35

I bought one for my parents in July a couple of years ago for their 40th. Spookily I was just talking about this today to someone. It is flourishing.

Whizzz Fri 12-Aug-05 19:52:03

We found one at a local garden centre - but had to hunt round a few as some had cut the roses right back - a twig in a pot didn't look as nice !
For info - it only cost about £7

There are also other types too - we also bought them 2 Happy Anniversay roses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now