Talk

Advanced search

Can you buy moses basket liners separately?

(8 Posts)
franch Tue 09-Aug-05 21:08:09

Borrowed a mb and don't like the frilly liner thingy! Can I buy a replacement?

moondog Tue 09-Aug-05 21:09:36

My mil used the horrid polyester one that was inmine to make a lovely copy in antique linen.

Very tasteful.

franch Tue 09-Aug-05 21:15:54

Can I borrow your mil please moondog?

moondog Tue 09-Aug-05 21:22:47

lol She is an ace seamstress but I know it isn't hard. You should manage to find someone to do it for you,if you supply the material and show them what you want. Even drycleaners usually have an onsite seamstress if none of your friends and family are talented in this field!

ionaming Wed 10-Aug-05 10:26:48

Hi Franch, I left a reply for a similar request for Bonkerz a couple of days ago, so have copied and pasted details for you :

"Keep seeing similar requests Bonkerz, so thought I dig out some details of a lady I've used twice in the past to make me some new covers. Her name is Muriel Arthur & she runs a company called Cosy Tots. Email is cosytots@yahoo.co.uk or her phone number is 0191 416 7639. She's fab, very friendly & reasonable prices. She made the liner/drapey thingy for me that goes under the mattress & then drapes over the side. Also, some fitted sheets & little quilt cover thingy. Didn't want a hood, but she can probably turn her hand to that too. I found her invaluable for making fitted sheets for an odd sized cot too She sends you diagrams & gets you to measure your basket at various points & mark these on the diagrams & post back to her. She also sends you different fabric samples to choose from. Couldn't recommend her highly enough! Like you, I wanted to use my original moses.....coz it's so much nicer, bigger & sturdier than the flimsy ones you tend to see in the shops!"

HTH, Iona x

franch Wed 10-Aug-05 12:41:44

Thanks v much Iona. Can you give me a ballpark figure for how much she charges??

ionaming Wed 10-Aug-05 19:32:49

Hiya, I think it was £14 for the drapey cover thingy and £3 or £4 each for the fitted sheets etc. It really depends on how complicated your design is & how much material (mine was a much larger than usual moses basket). She threw in a extra sheet free of charge coz she accidently used my old address which meant delivery was delayed by about 2 days.....bless her. P&P is on top, but she doesn't overcharge & is also very quick on turnaround.....days rather than weeks. As everything is made to measure, I thought her prices were pretty reasonable.

franch Wed 10-Aug-05 19:46:41

Many thanks iona. Looks like goosey may be able to help me out but I'll bear this in mind - v useful info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now