Talk

Advanced search

best first aid kit???

(12 Posts)
bea Mon 08-Aug-05 13:36:46

have always meant to get one for the car and in the home... any recommendations???

ta!

kama Mon 08-Aug-05 14:09:33

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Mon 08-Aug-05 14:38:37

Get a box and build your own.

What do you envisage needing it for most? Mine's used mainly for scraped knees, cur fingers and the like so I have lots of assorted plasters, antiseptic wipes, homeopathic antiseptic cream, arnica cream, homeopathic burn cream, a bandage and some Seri Strips (perfect for all sorts of cuts!) I have a scaled down version for the car.

SecondhandRose Mon 08-Aug-05 14:46:04

I keep one in my handbag that is a Tupperware box about 4" square. Scissors, plasters, bite zapper thing, Syndol for tension headaches, sachets of Calpol/Nurofen and there's emergency lipstick in there too!

Whizzz Mon 08-Aug-05 19:09:03

Agree - best to get a decent box & stock your own. The shop bought ones tend to be full of stuff you will never (hopefully !) use.

some tips here

bea Tue 09-Aug-05 09:02:12

thanks all, am off to town shopping today and i may go and stock up for my first aid box... ooo! feel like i'm playing doctors and nurses...!!!!

triceratops Tue 09-Aug-05 09:22:53

I would recommend a decent burn dressing as well. They are expensive but the modern ones really do reduce the damage and the pain. My dad sells first aid kits, this is his web site. It gives you a good idea of what to include £5 delivery charge though so boots is probably cheaper. I spent every summer from age 14 to 25 packing first aid kits, I love the smell of them

here

triceratops Tue 09-Aug-05 09:35:55

And I can't recommend the disposable vomit bowls enough. I used hundreds of them with morning sickness and at 15p a time they meant not having to clean up afterwards. They also make fantastic easter bonnets when painted.

Whizzz Tue 09-Aug-05 20:08:20

LOL Triceratops !!!!

I feel another thread coming on :

101 uses for disposable vomit bowls

KBear Tue 09-Aug-05 20:25:18

Places like Superdrug and Wilkinsons sell them fairly cheaply as a starter set then you can add the bits like waspeze etc yourself.

I just sorted out mine for our holiday this weekend.

bea Wed 10-Aug-05 09:23:44

went to boots and got on as they had a buy one get one half price offer on all first aid stuff... i feel very organised!!!

libbyss Wed 10-Aug-05 09:25:50

Get some arnica cream/tablets too. Essential in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now