Talk

Advanced search

which is the best floatie for my heavy DD

(7 Posts)
biglips Mon 08-Aug-05 10:16:23

as ive got one but it got a tear, its where the crisscross is where you put the baba legs thru, as my DD is 10 months old, 76 cm long and weighed 24lbs..

ive got "The Original floaties" size 2. (the yellow one)

biglips Mon 08-Aug-05 10:16:49

and ive only used it 3 times

biglips Mon 08-Aug-05 13:12:23

bump

biglips Mon 08-Aug-05 14:11:14

ive got this one atm - floatie

biglips Tue 09-Aug-05 09:28:05

help!

JoPG Tue 09-Aug-05 09:44:47

We had the same problem with DS1. He was huge and his chubby legs just wouldn't fit thru the holes. I think that the best thing is to abandon the seat and use armbands. I think that they feel safer being held and being closer to you. Also, DS1's swim instructor (who is an ex-international swimmer) believes that armbands are the best way to ensure that a child gets the right position in the water, and that they gain confidence. It has certainly worked with DS1, he has always been mega confident in the water and at 3 was happy to go down aquazoom slides on holiday!
Good luck with whatever you decide, but I would certainly think about ditching the swim seat.

biglips Tue 09-Aug-05 18:35:00

ill have a go with the armbands as if i buy another floatie, it will be possible that it will tear again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now