Talk

Advanced search

cylinder vacuum recommendation needed

(14 Posts)
daisy1999 Sun 07-Aug-05 20:43:06

My vacuum has just conked halfway through a major hoovering session. I need a new one tomorrow am as we have visitors on Tuesday and currently half the garden appears to be in my lounge!
Any recommendations?

KBear Sun 07-Aug-05 20:59:18

I've got a Dyson cyclinder model - works a treat. great on stairs - balances itself so you don't have to hold it.

hunkermunker Sun 07-Aug-05 21:01:15

Miele. Miele. Miele. They always come top in Which reports. I have a nice one - it's black. There's a thread in praise of it somewhere

hunkermunker Sun 07-Aug-05 21:02:04

There you go

WestCountryLass Sun 07-Aug-05 21:45:47

I've got the Bissell and cannotnsing its praises highly enough. It has different settings for different floors (laminate, thick/thin pile carpet), the cylinder clicks on and off so you can use it as an upright or a cylinder

daisy1999 Mon 08-Aug-05 13:28:29

hunkermunker - thank you -sorry i didn't reply yesterday but I was too busy searching for my ideal vacuum! I sent dh out early this morning and he came back with my new Miele. I love it (I really must get out more)

hunkermunker Mon 08-Aug-05 22:31:39

Daisy

csa Wed 10-Aug-05 09:38:12

does anyone know if the miele s571 does wooden floor too? mine has just conked and i need a new one! don't really want to spend much more than £100 but if the miele is as good as it says, may have to stretch to £150
.... unless there are other recommendations?

gingerbear Wed 10-Aug-05 09:45:16

Miele good for wooden floors. I spent £180 on a CatandDog miele (red one). My carpets / laminate have never been so clean. I had a dyson upright before, and the miele beats the pants off it!

Janh Wed 10-Aug-05 10:40:04

csa, have a look on Hughes Direct - excellent prices and next day delivery (usually) by CityLink.

I have an S571 too and yes it is brill at everything. If you don't have animals it will do fine for you; the Cat and Dog has a turbo brush head to get the hairs up but costs quite a bit more. (Oh, and it's temp. out of stock today!)

Stock up on vac bags too if you order from Hughes as it's no extra delivery charge.

hunkermunker Wed 10-Aug-05 10:46:40

I have laminate downstairs and it's v good on that.

Look online - think mine was about £110. Will find a link later.

hunkermunker Wed 10-Aug-05 10:46:52

Try kelkoo to compare prices.

nailpolish Wed 10-Aug-05 10:47:37

another vote here for the miele catanddog (and i dont even have a car or a dog!) picks up everything, is great on stairs (can balance on one step, and has quite a long cord) and can be used on hard floors too. not too big either for me too fit in my little cupboard under the stairs. and its also a cool red colour

csa Wed 10-Aug-05 12:26:57

ooo... thanks. like the sound of the cat&dog one tho. my hair just gets everywhere and when it is long and black, the cream carpet looks a mess no matter how often i vacuum.

but, unfortunately, just spoke to a rather nice man at the vacuum cleaner centre about my conked-out vacuum cleaner and he advised me to try and clean the hose out and it may not be conked out after all.... so, may have to give that a try before i sign it off completely. sigh... what does a girl have to do to get a new vacuum cleaner around here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now