Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Out and About NIPPER stroller - does it take a buggy board?

(11 Posts)
dinny Sun 07-Aug-05 15:49:55

Does this buggy definitely fit a buggy board? Any way of checking before I buy over net? TIA Dinny

dinny Sun 07-Aug-05 17:54:34

bump...

clary Sun 07-Aug-05 17:58:30

yes we had one, it takes the new kind which fits most buggies.

dinny Sun 07-Aug-05 18:01:41

thanks Clary - do you mean the Lascal Universal buggy board? was worried there wouldn't be enough room within the handle for dd to stand (especially as there is a handbrake)

clary Sun 07-Aug-05 19:34:11

Yes dinny, that’s the one.

We had an older type and when we replaced the Maclaren buggy with the instep 3-wheeler (this is the pushchair you mean I think) we had to get the new style buggyboard as well.
Have to say that dd at first had a tendency to bite the pushchair handle! but she soon stopped that.
How old is yr dd? If ours had been a bit taller that wdn’t have been a problem at all.
We used it from when dd was 2.5 and ds2 was in the buggy until last autumn when she was 3 and a bit. Since then she has walked everywhere and we’ve sold the board hurrah! (for £20 by the way so recouped nearly half our outlay)
It was very useful while we had it tho.

Gem13 Sun 07-Aug-05 19:37:32

Yes it does but it looks really uncomfortable for DS - there's not much room inside the handlebar IYKWIM. And DH took the handbrake off as soon as we bought the buggy.

DS sits on the roof when he gets tired. He holds on and you have to hold on to him too but it works ok. Better than dragging a shattered child around.

dinny Sun 07-Aug-05 20:27:42

could he have fitted in with then brake still on, Gem?

clary Sun 07-Aug-05 20:57:41

I've just googled to check we are talking about the same pushchair - is it this one?
That's te one we have and dd used to stand behind the pushchair handle ie outside it with my arms around her iyswim.
Sounds awkward but it wasn't.

dinny Sun 07-Aug-05 21:02:44

that's it, Clary.

oh, was thinking she'd stand within the handle, iysim... Did you have a Universal Buggy Board? are the attachments long enough?

clary Sun 07-Aug-05 21:51:46

the doggy one is what we had (good price here NB) and yes, she stood outside the handle, tho I notice on a couple of websites I've looked at to find this, pix of child standing within the handle....
But I feel outside is less restricting on her (if that's what you want lol). yes, the attachments are fine, tho the bits that fit into the board were at their limit width-wise, but it was not at all unsafe, very study and sound.

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 20:39:34

thanks, Clary - would I have to take the brake off for dd to stand inside?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now