Talk

Advanced search

Bed with ladder at end

(8 Posts)
kid Sat 06-Aug-05 10:42:18

I'm thinking about getting DS a new bed (poor thing is still in a cot bed at 3.3)

His room isn't very big and due to the shape of the room, if we got a midi bed, the ladder would need to be at one end (rather than at the front). Does such a thing exist? I've had a little look but don't want to spend ages searching if there is no such thing!

SoupDragon Sat 06-Aug-05 14:34:39

I don't recall coming across one but bumping thread for anyone else...

Tommy Sat 06-Aug-05 15:12:08

Mmmmm - don't think I've seen one in my extensive search of midi beds (DH upstairs as I type putting it together!). The ladder on ours doesn't go "out" from the bed IYSWIM - it is vertical and just goes down the side so it should fit in any room that the bed fits in.
Hope that makes sense

SoupDragon Sat 06-Aug-05 15:32:55

Neither of DSs beds have a sticky-out ladder either - it's on the long side right at the end. Unless the bed is completely in an alcove with walls the whole length of both long sides, it should be fine.

kid Sat 06-Aug-05 21:47:14

I worry about DS not being able to get out of bed in the morning on a straight ladder so prefered one at an angle.

I'll have to take him to some shops to practice on some before we make up our mind. For now, he can stay in the cot bed

Tommy Sat 06-Aug-05 22:04:43

Mine seems to be fine on it and fortunately his very nearly 2 year old brother can't get up the ladder
Don't buy your bed from MFI though - we did and they have driven me mad over it

(also - kid - why do you worry about your DS not being able to get out of bed? I would give anything for mine to stay there a bit longer )

kid Sat 06-Aug-05 22:18:17

He will get out of it, probably by 6:30am no doubt. But whether or not he will land on his feet, that is another matter!

He is a very good climber, I'm just not 100% sure of buying the bed. I'd really like one so we can use the space underneath it though.

binkie Sat 06-Aug-05 22:29:16

We got Flexa beds for my two - you can set them up whatever way you want, and all the units can be recombined into different arrangements as they get older (justifies the price, maybe ...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now