Talk

Advanced search

Large packs of cards? For baby gift thank-yous

(12 Posts)
franch Fri 05-Aug-05 13:08:30

Spent a fortune on multiple teeny packs of baby thankyou cards when DD was born. Anyone seen any big packs of nice cards that would be suitable?

Dingle Fri 05-Aug-05 13:16:30

How many are you after franch? As one of the mn crafters, I am sure one of the cards makers could do a deal.

Yorkiegirl Fri 05-Aug-05 13:18:14

Message withdrawn

Raindog Fri 05-Aug-05 13:33:32

For our baby thank yous we used a photo website (I think it was www.ofoto.com). You can upload a photo and make it into a photocard with a message. they have baby-related designs and it saves writing messages on each card! It was hard enouhg work writing out the addresses with a tiny baby in the house. You could always write on the back for personal messages, and it means everyone gets a picture so it is a bit different.

Chuffed Fri 05-Aug-05 13:55:25

We bought a pack of blank cards about 50 for £6 and printed a photo on the front and on the inside the weight name etc on one side and Thank You on the other. Then wrote a little note in each. Similar to Raindog but probably a bit cheaper. We designed it before she was born just had to add photo and correct details inside afterwards. (dh printed them out at work)

franch Fri 05-Aug-05 14:17:57

We're planning on doing photo announcement cards so don't really need to use a photo on the thankyous (which will no doubt go out aeons later). Will check out the mn crafters but surely handmade will be more expensive than the shops, though I'm sure they'd be lovely - ? I'll need dozens - size unimportant, not sure about design, something simple.

Chuffed Fri 05-Aug-05 14:58:46

Could you join the announcement card with the thankyou's, print out some with both you'll probably get some presents before you do the formal announcement then you can at least not have to send two cards.

franch Fri 05-Aug-05 15:02:24

Could have done but we've already picked our announcement card and really like it - last time it worked well sending out the announcement within the first few days, then doing the thankyous in batches for the next few weeks (or months!). It's just that they sell the thankyous in such silly little packs.

Yorkiegirl Fri 05-Aug-05 17:07:58

Message withdrawn

franch Fri 05-Aug-05 17:18:12

Oh I don't know, I kept buying them in dribs and drabs - probably at least £3-£5 for a pack of 8.

franch Fri 05-Aug-05 17:24:10

Just looked in DD1's baby book and she got at least 60 presents, so maybe 40 cards this time

Skribble Fri 05-Aug-05 22:25:13

Biggar Tescos have packs of baby announcement cards, I think there is 12 in pack maybe only 6, beside the wedding confetti/ favour boxes.

The cheapest way would be to design your own on a computer and print on good quality paper or thin card. You can do this in word or a desk top publisher package. Some thing very simple perhaps with a picture from the net. Means you can put a personal message inside but not have to spend ages writing them just sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now