Talk

Advanced search

Waterproofs for a (small) 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old

(10 Posts)
spikeycat Fri 05-Aug-05 08:04:22

We are going to cornwall for a few weeks, I think its going to rain rain rain and want some cheapie water proofs for my boys, and one that goes over a buggy - any ideas?

morningpaper Fri 05-Aug-05 08:28:44

My local big camping shop has a lot of things like this, including all-in-one rainsuits for babies and toddlers. Worth a try?

tarantula Fri 05-Aug-05 08:56:45

Tescos are doing cheap waterproofs atm No idea what size they are tho (saw ad in paper yesterday). Millets do cheapish waterproofs too.

My tip is to buy seperates and buy big ones cos the trousesrs can be rolled up and big coats keep them as dry if not dryer than ones that fit (not too big obviously )

SoupDragon Fri 05-Aug-05 10:17:12

I like Muddy Puddles Puddlepacks. I think I may actually have the Puddlepack coats and "originals" trousers. because the trousers are a thicker fabric. They come up large. They're great though - DS2 has fallen full length in a puddle in his and come up dry

CountessDracula Fri 05-Aug-05 10:17:49

I second Muddy Puddles

vickiyumyum Fri 05-Aug-05 10:19:58

the coverall for the buggy are from mothercare for about £10, navy blue with a hood for little one to see out!
mothercare also have lots of waterproofs in at the moment for all ages. even little raincapes for 0-3 months up to about age 2

katierocket Fri 05-Aug-05 10:28:23

muddy puddles is good. So is little trekkers

Nemo1977 Fri 05-Aug-05 10:30:39

I have this for ds his small one still fits at 21mths but i do have next size up put away as they were soo cheap.
cheap too

Bagpuss30 Fri 05-Aug-05 10:49:41

Muddy Puddles Puddle Packs are the best IMO as they have taped seams and are really large size wise.

Nemo1977 Fri 05-Aug-05 11:02:58

meant to say mine are the ones from great little trading co but under half price brand new on ebay. They are really good as we use ours often to walk the dog etc and its lasted over 10mths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now