Talk

Advanced search

boring thread can i (machine) wash a ty beanie ....anyone please ?

(10 Posts)
lunachic Thu 04-Aug-05 22:52:42

brand new beanie covered in sick {sad} (sorry)
presume it will be ok if i wash it coolish its made from a velour which looks like it will wash ok just wanted to check
thanks (if anyone posts !)

nannyjo Thu 04-Aug-05 22:54:03

i've washed beanie type teddies on a cool wash and hung them out to dry, do it on a hot day so it dries quicker.

I did a huge piggy thing with beans in and it was fine.

kid Thu 04-Aug-05 22:55:02

should be fine, might be best to put it in a pillowcase when washing it though incase any beans fall out.

lunachic Thu 04-Aug-05 23:25:38

ta !

Hattie05 Fri 05-Aug-05 00:01:18

My theory is, you won't want it with sick, so stick it in washing machine and see what happens!

Most of dd's toys have been through a 40degrees wash and some stage and survived.

lunachic Fri 05-Aug-05 00:11:15

yep dead right ill have to its not really gonne handwash clean

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 00:45:30

Before you put it in the machine though (and do put it inside a pillowcase if you don't have one of those mesh bags for delicate things) soak it in dilute disinfectant and make sure you get all the bits off, ugh sorry but ykwim!

(I have machine washed loads of soft toys which said handwash/surface sponge only. They are tougher than they look as a rule )

lunachic Fri 05-Aug-05 00:52:02

thanks jan i have a net thingme (bought it for socks never used it!still overwhelmed by odd ones) will disinfect it too i have some good 'green' stuff

Janh Fri 05-Aug-05 00:54:53

Good luck, lunachic! [salute]

lunachic Fri 05-Aug-05 00:56:30

thanks jan now wheres my bed im crackered !! goodnight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now