Talk

Advanced search

waterproofs for a 3 month old?

(13 Posts)
csa Thu 04-Aug-05 20:26:20

has anyone seen this sold anywhere?

Lonelymum Thu 04-Aug-05 20:32:55

I have an all in one waterproof for about 12 months, but I have never seen one for younger than that. We got ours from a walking shop.

csa Thu 04-Aug-05 20:48:29

yes, me neither but a friend of mine is going for a walking holiday in wales with her 3mo and will be carrying her mostly in a sling. so was wondering where she can find some waterproofs to keep babe dry (not saying that it will rain in wales of course before i get bombarded with hate letters )

fisil Thu 04-Aug-05 20:50:04

I think we had a sling that came with a waterproof cape.

Lonelymum Thu 04-Aug-05 20:51:29

That is what we wanted ours for, as we are big hill walkers. TBH, when our oldest was 4 months and we went on holiday to the Lake District, we only walked with him in the sling on dry days. When it rained, he went in the pram and we restricted ourselves to low level walking.

But if your friend is going to find what she wants anywhere, it will be in a hillwalking area like the Lakes or Snowdonia.

pootlepod Thu 04-Aug-05 20:51:33

You can get a cape which will cover the sling, check out ebay.

vickiyumyum Thu 04-Aug-05 21:06:10

i went to mothercare world today to buy my ds2 a waterproof for our holidays and they had waterproof/showerproof, capes for babies in there. they were quite cute and really cheap about £5.
if you have any problems getting one let me know and i can get one and post it for you. if you want.

csa Thu 04-Aug-05 21:44:07

vickiyumyum, sounds good. just had a look on the mothercare website but can't find it. what is it called? same goes with ebay pootlepod. what should i search under? waterproof cape returned nothing relevant.

vickiyumyum Thu 04-Aug-05 22:23:45

just had a look on the mothercare website, but its def not there. in my mothercare they had a whole display of waterproof coats, these capes for age 0-3 months up to about 9-12 months, jackets in a variety of designs, balamory, dinosaurs dora, and other more generic items. and camafluge etc for older kids.

don't think it had a name but will probaby be back at the weekend to buy new shoes for ds2 as hes complaining that they hurt. perhaps try and sneak my digital camera in and take a photo if you like?

pootlepod Thu 04-Aug-05 22:25:59

here you go

Hope this is what you are after?

phatcat Thu 04-Aug-05 22:32:52

i can recommend the Bush Baby HotTot suit - comes in a 0-6 months size and currently reduced in price here

csa Fri 05-Aug-05 09:14:22

oooo cool. thanks both. will check them out.

purpleturtle Fri 05-Aug-05 09:16:47

I got a 6-12 month all in one waterproof for ds when he was 4months - it definitely covered him! Came from Towsure - just our local camping place. They are out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now