Talk

Advanced search

Mamas and Papas Venezia

(7 Posts)
Mum2Lucas Thu 04-Aug-05 18:27:52

I have a 3-wheeler from Mamas and Papas but my son is now 3 months and I could do with something a bit smaller for shopping trips. I also like the idea of the carrycot and being able to have the pushchair forward or rear facing. Does anyone have any comments on the venezia or could recommend an alternative?
Thanks

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 19:04:21

From what I've seen, the venezia doesn't look that much smaller than the 3 wheeler ! Perhaps the Pliko pramette would be a better idea ? It's front & rear facing, you can get a carrycot in it and it's quite light, easy to manouvre and it folds up small !

Hazellnut Thu 04-Aug-05 20:05:32

I decided I wanted the venezia when I was pregnant and made a massive trip to go and view one in a shop. Compared it to the pramette which was supposedly heavier but the pramette felt lighter and folded up smaller. The pushchair of the pramette only faces forward but once dd was big enough to want to be in a pushchair she wanted to be looking out on the world anyway.

kbaby Thu 04-Aug-05 22:01:31

We have a 2in1 from M&P its a chasis with a seat unit that faces forwards or rear, They dont do them anymore but im always on the lookout for new buggies and theres a rear/forward facing buggy by maxi cosi(i think) called Lola. The buggy folds up small and it looks quite comfy.

gingerbear Thu 04-Aug-05 22:08:15

I have one - used it for DD up till she was 12 months old. It is heavier than an umberella fold, and bulkier when closed, but the forward/reverse facing was useful. shopping net is smaller than Graco ones, but better sized than Maclaren techno.

If you want a second hand one in Dinky Denim (Pale Denim blue on hood and outer cover with lemon/blue check on seat/backrest) , no car seat with it - I am willing to sell mine for 50 pounds - plus probably 10 pounds for courier.

Mojomummy Thu 04-Aug-05 22:25:00

I used the M&P ultima, which has a lovely carrycot which DD slept in for about 5 months. This also has a pushchair attachment that can face forward & outwards.

Have a look on e-bay, they seem to go for reasonable prices & you can usually strip all the covers off & give them a good wash

Carameli Fri 05-Aug-05 19:57:40

I also had one and like Gingerbear used it up until dd was about 12/13mnths I think.
I loved it, esp the fact I could have her looking at me. I would not say it was light and it certainly took up quite a bit of space in my boot( which is not exactly huge) But all in all I would certainly use it again and hope to one day soon:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now