Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ceramic Bath Cleaner

(8 Posts)
ionaming Thu 04-Aug-05 16:37:12

Any good products for cleaning an old ceramic bath? We're renting, so I don't want to pay £££ to have it re-enameled which is what it really needs. It's white and always looks grubby! Thanks, Iona x

ionaming Thu 04-Aug-05 16:44:46

Sorry, should read enamel bath cleaner

cadbury Thu 04-Aug-05 17:18:35

no idea I'm afraid but I'm bumping this up because I need to know too!

ionaming Thu 04-Aug-05 17:41:40

Doh, thought you were going to share some miracle product with me there, Cadbury, when I saw someone had replied . Just spent 1/2 cleaning it with cillit bang & limelite & it's better than it was, but still looks like it's got a grubby tide-mark round it.....grrrr. Anyone else got any ideas?

cadbury Thu 04-Aug-05 19:16:24

sorry about that. I've used cillit bang, and while it does get the stains off if you leave it to do its magic for a few mins, it does seem to damage the ennamel a bit. One of those cleaning things on tv recommended filling up the bath with hot water and using biological washing powder. I've also heard of using borax shaken on the the affected areas and dampened with vinegar andf left for a while.

Beccles Thu 04-Aug-05 19:22:22

Message withdrawn

Beccles Thu 04-Aug-05 19:22:48

Message withdrawn

ionaming Thu 04-Aug-05 22:57:10

Thanks Beccles......I'll give CIF a go. The bathroom's just been decorated, have cleaned & polished everything to a high shine.....and it's all ruined by a grubby looking bath!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now