Talk

Advanced search

Juicers

(17 Posts)
jampots Thu 04-Aug-05 12:11:18

Id like a juicer for my birthday and need some recommendations please. Anyone?

Mum2Lucas Thu 04-Aug-05 14:33:45

I bought a cheap kenwood juicer and hated it - far too much effort. I then decided to bite the bullet and spent £100 on a l'equip juicer which is fantastic. Brilliant to use, continuous juicing, seperate pulp collector and easy to clean. UKjuicers website is good for advice, it's where I bought mine from. If you have a magimix food processor I have a friend who paid £30 for the juice extractor attachment and thinks it's great.

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:36:32

WE have a juicelady one, bought it in tescos and it is fab. WE use it every day.

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:41:18

I thin it is \link{http://www.dealclick.co.uk/product/198624/RUSSELL-HOBBS-Juicelady-Junior-10227.php\this) one

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 14:41:56

I've got a Antony Worral Thompson one, I love it ! Will link to it...

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:42:30

this one

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:43:44

It is one of my best kitchen gadgets - and I have a few - we use it at least once a day and feel so much fitter and healthier for it.

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 14:44:38

This one, it's been discontinued now though

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 14:45:37

This looks like the new one

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:48:00

yours looks posher than mine.

Mine isn;t too god at soft fruits, tends to spit it all back out again.

Tend to use mine mostly for carrot an apple with either cucumber or celery.

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 14:50:43

Mine copes brilliantly with pretty much anything you chuck in it. If you pop a carrier bag in the pulp/waste collector jug as a liner it also reduces washing up . You just tie the top of the bag, pull it out and bin it. Of course if you have a dishwasher then it's not a prob, you can just bung it all in there

TwinSetAndPearls Thu 04-Aug-05 14:52:18

Becuase I use mainly vegetables in mine I use the pulp in soups. But the carrier bag is a good idea.

NomDePlume Thu 04-Aug-05 14:56:48

I'd have loved one of the big shiny proper ones, but TBH for a mid-range job, mine works perfectly.

LunarSea Thu 04-Aug-05 17:27:02

Do you want to have a play with one first jampots? I've got one the same as NDP's which you could borrow for a bit to have a go with if you like.

jampots Thu 04-Aug-05 17:34:54

ooh lunar - you are kind. However, I think I will just get dh to go buy me one anyway but thanks

emily05 Thu 04-Aug-05 17:43:27

jampots - I have a smoothie/juicer recipie book. SO once you have your juicer CAT me and I will put some on the recipies board. They are yummy

charlie95 Thu 04-Aug-05 21:52:25

can highly recommend very expensive jack la lanne juicer off sky shopping but also in new argos catalogue i think. can put in whole apple, pear, peeled orange......just need to de-stone the stoned fruits. even put melon in with rind on apparently. havent tried that bit yet. got most of my recipes off the web and made our own! yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now