Talk

Advanced search

Handbag highchair or inflatable booster seat?

(13 Posts)
beansprout Wed 03-Aug-05 15:33:57

We are looking something small and portable to take on holiday. Can anyone recommend either of these? Drawbacks?

TIA

motherinferior Wed 03-Aug-05 15:34:58

Do you mean the cloth sort? I've got one, it's rather good although you do need a proper chair with a back to sling it over - want to borrow it?

beansprout Wed 03-Aug-05 15:37:27

That's v kind but I'm not sure what sort of chairs we will be using! Something that ties on might be a more versatile?
Thanks though

DissLocated Wed 03-Aug-05 15:43:05

I have a handbag highchair - very useful. Drawbacks are, it doesn't fit on chairs with arms or with very tall backs and obviously doesn't have a tray so the chair can get messy. We used it on holiday though and were happy with it, also good at home to keep in the changing back and use when eating out.

motherinferior Wed 03-Aug-05 15:43:45

No, ours sort of ties up round itself, you just need to have a chair with a back, that's all. You're very welcome to have it if you'd like it. Very light, just stashes up like a big hanky.

moondog Wed 03-Aug-05 15:46:17

Yes,they are rather like hankies. I therefore presume that the reason ours disappeared is that some big drunken bloater mistook it for one and took it home in his pocket. Hmmmmmmmmm. Most annoying as I did really like it.

(Hello MI, btw. Hope the party went well. Ours did......)

nailpolish Wed 03-Aug-05 15:47:30

hi

ive got a handbag highchair for sale if you would like it

you can have it for a fiver, just cat me if you are interested

beansprout Wed 03-Aug-05 15:48:07

Ahhh - sorry MI (doh!), I thought you meant a big bit of cloth that covered the whole back like, er, a big cloth condom or something (been awake since 4.30, please excuse me).

That would be fantabulous and very much appreciated. How much do you want for it?

nailpolish Wed 03-Aug-05 15:48:16

its in the 'for sale' threads if you want to see a pic

motherinferior Wed 03-Aug-05 15:50:58

Oooh, buy me a glass of wine next time we meet. Email me your address as I don't think I have it and I'll dig it out today or tomorrow, is that OK?

Your Late Lamented Employer is only doing three issues this year, btw, on account of Chronic Disorganisation. As I found out recently. Don't mind about me losing out, dearie, I wouldn't...

beansprout Wed 03-Aug-05 15:54:21

Thank you so, so much. A large glass shall be yours.

Yeeesh, those idiots are rubbish with a capital "r".

My fab new employer has just agreed that I can go p/time when I return in October. Tues, Weds and Fri, 8.30-4.30 so I still get some Bean time. Hurrah for lovely family friendly charidees!!

beansprout Wed 03-Aug-05 15:54:51

And thanks Nailpolish too.

motherinferior Wed 03-Aug-05 15:58:06

I've just found it and put it in a padded envelope. It's quite easy to use but you may want to ring me to talk through how to put it together. If you don't use it on holiday, you may use it another time.

Sounds ideal work/home balance, yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now