Talk

Advanced search

Calling owners of Marco Sky tandem

(11 Posts)
BibiTwo Wed 03-Aug-05 14:59:08

I am thinking of getting one for when db is born as dd will only be 17m old, and it get susch good publicity on here I figured it must be pretty goo. Having looked at the pictures on the net I can' figure out for the life of me how I could push it with the back set reclined - it looks like I'd be stood a few feet away and as I'm only a shortie, would this be difficult?

Also, are babies okay in buggy from birth?

Lizzylou Wed 03-Aug-05 15:05:05

I've been looking at these and am bit confused as to how the back seat works! BTW, it says that they are only suitable from 3months.....

starlover Wed 03-Aug-05 15:06:24

you need marslady and lockets! they both have one

oliveoil Wed 03-Aug-05 15:08:25

Are tandems the one-behind-the-other ones? Then I think babies can go in from birth in the back seat bit.

I can recommend the Mothercare one here , bit heavy now that dd1 is 2yr 9 months but it has been great.

BibiTwo Wed 03-Aug-05 15:09:31

I could probably cope with not using it for 3 months as we have a papoose that I could use with existing buggy, but as it'll be March, I'd like a buggy that I can cover in the rai ideally. We tried out a wonderful but huge side-by-side three wheeler in Mothercare on the weekend, but I've heard side-by-sides can be difficult to steer because of the weight difference and after a c-section I can do without extra strain.
Tandems are impossibly long, so any advice mothers of two or more can give me would be great!

Nemo1977 Wed 03-Aug-05 15:12:39

bibi if u want one from birth the cosatto duet lite is exactly like the marco sky but back seat suitable from birth..

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 03-Aug-05 15:16:25

im going for a marco sky when babe born in october. Lockets and Marslady both swear by theirs (Lockets will probabyl be around tonight, and Mars is on hols til friday)

What does it for me is the fact it is almost the size of a single - the thought of a HUGe side by side like mothercare have fills me with dread at trying to push it! Im only 5'1" so want something fairly lightweight and easy to lift in and out of the car!

Also like the look of the cosatto duo but still think it looks bigger than the marco sky.

i think the "new" 2005 marco can be used from birth but dont quote me on it.... ill be using my baby bjorn for a few months anyway!

oliveoil Wed 03-Aug-05 15:19:32

I hadn't seen these prams . Why didn't anyone tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee when I wanted one a year ago.

<stamps foot>

Nemo1977 Wed 03-Aug-05 15:20:13

Jabm isnt there a whole thread somewhere with the pros and cons on...im no good at the searches

BibiTwo Wed 03-Aug-05 15:37:39

I tried to look the old thread up too but I'm rubbish at searching. I was on that one too!

charliecat Wed 03-Aug-05 15:46:19

nice and cheap on ebay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now