Talk

Advanced search

Huge pregnancy feet!!! Where to shop for shoes???

(16 Posts)
bebejam Wed 03-Aug-05 14:55:41

Ack! I had large feet (size 8 UK on the wide side) before pregnancy, and now with swelling and the such I look like a Hobbit!!!!

Does anyone know of shops/stores that do wide width and larger size shoes? Hopefully my feet will shrink down again, but I've got a bad feeling I'm stuck with these elephant peds for awhile.

anchovies Wed 03-Aug-05 14:57:52

Evans are good for wide fitting shoes, selection isn't that great though.

bundle Wed 03-Aug-05 14:58:33

get some birkenstocks, i live in mine

GhostofNatt Wed 03-Aug-05 14:58:54

Birkenstocks are as wide as anything

Chandra Wed 03-Aug-05 15:01:06

They will get narrower but the lenght increase stays...(arghhhhh went from 7 to 8 during pregnancy and have very narrow feet, may I ask you where you get your shoes?

Hijack over

Honeymum Tue 09-Aug-05 13:38:35

Try Ecco - they make fab sandles with velcro straps that you can adjust for width - pricey but I LIVED in mine for months in my first pregnancy when I had terrible oedema from the 4th (yes!) month and they were so comfy

fisil Tue 09-Aug-05 13:47:54

ditto the birkenstocks. had mine 5 years and wear them every day all day.

Nbg Tue 09-Aug-05 13:51:54

Clarks do wider fittings in some of their shoes. If you go in and ask they'll show you which ones they have in.
Barratts also do some wider fitting.
Hush Puppies do them too and some Barratts stores stock them.

fisil Tue 09-Aug-05 13:53:59

i've just been on the birkenstock website and have some advice. they come in "narrow" or "regular". I have size 4 1/2 feet but usually can only wear wide fitting size 6! my birkenstocks are called "regular" but fit me perfectly - and are actually a 4 1/2 - the only shoes i've ever had that fit me in length and width!

bebejam Tue 09-Aug-05 16:13:05

thanks for the tip about Clarks and birenstocks, very useful! I found a store on Chiltern Street in London called "Elephant Feet" (no joking) that does shoes for amazonians like me. I haven't checked it out yet, but I plan to soon.

Chandra- I had been buying shoes back home on hols (in US, as I am expat here) but that plan won't work long term.

I had a scan a few weeks ago, and the first thing the sonographer said was "hmmm, the baby has some rather big feet"...arrggghhhh!!!!! poor baby!

bebejam Tue 09-Aug-05 16:15:00

the only problem with birkenstocks is that they are great for everyday wear... but you could hardly get away with wearing them to a wedding. (or could you? )

fisil Tue 09-Aug-05 16:55:40

look at the website - there are some nice ones.

bundle Tue 09-Aug-05 16:57:59

bebejam there are even glittery ones, I think.

motherinferior Tue 09-Aug-05 17:00:21

I wore gold thong ones to a wedding last year, and a friend wore thong ones too.

Chandra Tue 09-Aug-05 23:15:01

Thanks Bebejam, I was already an American 10 before pregnancy, I have went into 11, nor even my beloved Nine West does shoes in that number . But I will try to find something next time I over there.

PS> Regarding with what to wear for a wedding... the answer is, a very long dress

MaggieW Wed 10-Aug-05 08:03:21

I noticed at LK Bennett they have a huge selection of smart and casual shoes in large sizes in their sale. I have a big-footed friend who stocks up there during sale time very happily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now