Talk

Advanced search

Bath supports - which one?

(10 Posts)
Moomin Tue 02-Aug-05 16:18:26

This one or this one ?
Would be for newborn sharing bath with 4yo.

fairydust Tue 02-Aug-05 16:27:46

FIRSTO NE LOOKS MORE SECURE

matnanplus Tue 02-Aug-05 16:36:06

Have to say used both and cons with the first one is that if water to deep baby literally can float off support and a slightly older but energetic baby kick kick themselves out. Pro's with second one is baby is kept on top so doesn't matter how deep and can float over 4yo legs so less crowding.

Nemo1977 Tue 02-Aug-05 16:37:44

I had the hard plastic one for ds and it was great will be using it again for DB.

tassis Tue 02-Aug-05 16:55:04

We liked a spongy one (just to confuse things further).

But you don't use a huge lot of water with it which might frustrate a 4yo?

Have you thought of one of those baby baths that do over the usual bath? I really liked the look of them, but we had a corner bath so no good!

Twiga Tue 02-Aug-05 17:02:42

We've just bought this one mothercare - no real advise as this is our first but we liked the look of in terms of comfort - thought plastic ones looked a bit hard, also the towling bit comes off the frame so easy to wash if needed. Only thing is not convinced it would last up to 6mnths like says on the blurb. Would hold baby at similar angle to the plastic one you're looking at.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 02-Aug-05 17:18:08

We have the hard plastic one. I think it worked fine, but DS2 hated the bath when he was tiny, so hard to tell. I'd worry about the 4yo splashing the newborn.

Hulababy Tue 02-Aug-05 17:28:53

We had something similar to the first one for DD and it worked really well. She was actually able to use it until she was sitting up stable in the bath.

bensmum3 Tue 02-Aug-05 19:16:35

I had the 1st one for ds2 and think it's probably the best piece of baby equipment I ever bought. It doesn't leave a lot of room for the 4 yr old, but s/he will probably enjoy a stretch out whilst your drying baby.

Moomin Wed 03-Aug-05 08:38:36

TBH, the newborn will only be in for a quick swill I would have thought, but dd will enjoy the baby being in there anyway. Then I'll hoof the baby out and fill the bath up some more for dd to enjoy her full soak while the baby gets dried, etc. Thanks for the opinions, I think it'll be the 1st one then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: