Talk

Advanced search

Ballet classes in SE London

(12 Posts)
Mercedes Tue 02-Aug-05 15:17:54

Can anyone recommend a ballet class for a 4 year old girl in SE London?

She'll be 4 in Sept and it's her latest thing. I'm not too sure how long she'll stick at it but we can give it a go

BosworthBear Thu 04-Aug-05 08:12:42

I'm not from London, but I have found that my local David Lloyd gym is now doing ballet classes for 3-5 yrs and then 5+. £2 a session pay as you go - book 1 week in advance. DD session is 9am on a Saturday morning, so there is no long term commitment and I get to go to the gym as well! I suppose I am just saying look beyond the traditional dance studios. Surely someone is in SE London who could give some more useful recommedations !!!!!!!

Twiglett Thu 04-Aug-05 08:14:32

where in SE London?

Mercedes Thu 04-Aug-05 16:13:31

Looking for classes in Lewisham, Greenwich or Southwark

KBear Thu 04-Aug-05 16:18:42

We're too far from you - DD goes to one in Bexleyheath - Belmont School of Ballet (which is fantastic). If you google Ballet and your area you will find something I'm sure. I pay £19 per half-term BTW.

soapbox Thu 04-Aug-05 16:25:32

Wheatley Dance Studios in Wellmeadow Road in Catford is good. My DD goes there.
Lessons are around #7 for a 1.5 hour session.

motherinferior Thu 04-Aug-05 16:33:57

One of DD1's mates goes in our neck of the woods - want me to find out where? And a friend in East Dulwich's daughter goes too...

Mercedes Mon 08-Aug-05 15:16:11

yes please Motherinferior.

I have tried to google the info but I'd prefer to get a recommendation.

Marina Mon 08-Aug-05 15:18:09

There is a well-regarded studio down the road from us in New Eltham, suspect that is also too far from you, Mercedes. My two appear to be gumbies in this respect so we have not been there ourselves, you understand...

motherinferior Mon 08-Aug-05 15:20:41

They're away at the moment, but do remind me. I have not yet inflicted my two on the World of Dance, as DD2 is rapidly acquiring her sister's penchant for melodrama.

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 15:36:21

have you tried your local leisure centre

there's a ballet school in Dulwich, but when I looked into it it seemed less fun, more professional from an early age (full uniform from 3) ..there's also one held at East Dulwich Leisure centre that one of my friend's little girl goes too and she seems to love it

HTH

Mercedes Mon 08-Aug-05 21:13:39

Thanks Twiglett. Our local leisure centre doesn't do anything but sport so I will give the ED one a try. I didn't even know ED had a lesiure centre.

Marina New Eltham is too far but thanks for the info. Motherinferior let me know about your friend's class

I suspect my dd will be disappointed wherever we go as routine,discipline and being told what to do are not her thing. My feeling is she's a Sarah Bernhardt running around in floaty but pink type of dancer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now