Talk

Advanced search

Shall I get a baby doll for DD as a present from her new sister? If so which one?

(9 Posts)
franch Tue 02-Aug-05 12:57:39

DD will be 19 months. Seems like a good idea to get her a doll that she might play with while I'm seeing to DD2 (due 5 Sept).

Anyone done this? Can you recommend a nice baby doll?

nailpolish Tue 02-Aug-05 13:02:17

oh yes, i did this with dd1 (who was 24 mths)

i searched and researched, asking loads of people about baby annabelle, baby born etc, but after much much thought i went to woolies and bought her a regular, does-nothing doll for about a fiver, a couple of baby doll outfits and some cheap accessories (like a brush for dollies hair, a dollies buggy) and she was DELIGHTED. she takes dolly in the bath and everything (bathing is her fave)

i cant see how she would have been more thrilled with an all-singing all-dancing doll for 10 times the price, she loves her doll, we change nappies together, she even breastfed her dolly!

franch Tue 02-Aug-05 13:15:44

Fabulous - that sounds ideal np!

bundle Tue 02-Aug-05 13:17:06

MIL got dd1 a set of twin baby dolls, a toy bath and the usual paraphernalia. went down a storm.

MrsDoolittle Tue 02-Aug-05 13:17:53

That's what I've done nailpolish. Dd is absolutely thrilled - doesn't matter which one.

Tommy Tue 02-Aug-05 13:19:54

We bought DS1 a cheap dolly - doesn't do anything type thing and a pushchair when DS2 was born. DS1 was 20m. They still play with them 2 years later. I really can't see the point of giving very young ones expensive ones that "do everything" - I'm sure your DD will love any dolly and copy you in whatever you do with her new sister!

franch Tue 02-Aug-05 13:34:04

Great to hear - that's exactly the kind of doll I had in mind. Sounds like a trip to Woolies is my best bet then?

nailpolish Tue 02-Aug-05 14:31:06

yes, i found woolies good - they had a selection of about 3 or 4. (they even had a boy, incase you find yourself with a ds and think dd would like that!)

nailpolish Tue 02-Aug-05 14:32:39

btw, we got 'Beth' (dd has just reminded me)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: