Talk

Advanced search

Ikea cots ?

(15 Posts)
melsy Mon 01-Aug-05 12:54:15

Anyone got one ? how are you finding it? Ive always been wary about them having been a nursury buyer. Im trying to find a good value white cot for someone.

moozoboozo Mon 01-Aug-05 12:55:57

We have the £30 one, and its been fine so far

Tommy Mon 01-Aug-05 12:57:13

We've had the pine one which was cheap (can't remember how much) It's on number 2 now and we've never had any problems with it. DS1 climbed out of it when he was 2y8m!

dinosaur Mon 01-Aug-05 12:57:43

Don't get the blimming highchair though.

Frizbe Mon 01-Aug-05 13:08:53

we have one of their midrange cots and its fine! dd is 21mths and still in it fitting fine.

cadbury Mon 01-Aug-05 13:12:56

we got the cheepest white cot (can't remember the name) 5 years ago. It has lasted 2 not-very-gentle children with no problems. Perfectly happy with it.

melsy Mon 01-Aug-05 14:03:48

always good to know

alison222 Mon 01-Aug-05 14:12:47

We had a cheap white one and an expensive mattress to go with it. It lasted 2 years with DD bounching madly in it and DS joining her in there in the mornings to help with the jumping. It has since been handed on as it was still as good as new and is on the next child.

Gillian76 Mon 01-Aug-05 14:46:17

We have the cheapest plain pine one. It cost £40 last Christmas. It's OK. You get what you pay for really. It doesn't have drop down sides but the base adjusts (3 levels, I think).

PrettyCandles Mon 01-Aug-05 14:59:31

My parents have the cheap white one for when our children stay, it must be at least 3yo now and has had regular use - though obviously not as often as if it was their own cot at home. We also changed nappies on a cot-top changer over it. It's been shoved around from room to room, but still looks as good as new. I suspect that the fact that it doesn't have a dropside makes it very robust. I've never found a dropside to be particularly useful on a standard-height cot anyway.

Chandra Mon 01-Aug-05 15:32:18

I don't have a IKEA cot but wanted to say that I bought the most expensive Mothercare mattress but, as soon as DS started standing up it was so "springy" that DS had lots of falls, the support was a disaster and after going around every single baby store in the area looking for a good support mattress I got one from IKEA thninking that being so cheap if it was not good it was not such a waste of money. What a difference! in terms of support is much, much better!

jennifersofia Tue 02-Aug-05 00:07:31

We have the pine one with the spindle style bars and a drop down side. Been through two children so far, still great, been taken down and reassembled at least 3x year - no problems. Ikea mattress still really good shape too.

finn2 Tue 02-Aug-05 00:56:20

I bought a cheap Ikea one, only because it looked stylish, dd fell out of it aged 7 mths but we just put the matress on the floor and put cot over and it is fine and still looks stylish!

finn2 Tue 02-Aug-05 00:57:53

I must add. we are not bad parents and bought the most expensive matress and matress cover. just penned her in, she loves it.

alux Tue 02-Aug-05 02:26:03

also have a midrange cot with the ikea mattress - really pleased with both - dd only 15 wks old tho.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: